Turks feedback

Bombard Tower, Cannon Galleon and Elite Cannon Galleon.

1 Like

It is not at all, since it greatly helps getting Turk Cannon Galleons, which are monstruously OP against defenses.

No one would ever research a Tech that only gives you discount in 3 other Techs. It is a bonus for a reason.

Sipahi is castle age and almost all their gunpowder units are available in imperial, besides the jannies.

I do not. Itā€™s cool on water games.

2 Likes

Trash unit diversity means little if the opponent has gold to spam champions with.

1 Like

I thought Cannon Towers weā€™re affected too, arent they?

1 Like

Oh yes, was thinking there was something else but just couldnā€™t wrap my head around what it was, all I remembered was artillery tech but that one the bonus does not affect. So yes, BBT tech is half price, which is also pretty nice.

1 Like

i think they need some archer counter hussars are not even close to counter arbalest in close formation so buffing their Hussars or giving them another Cavarly upgrade would give the turks a little chance.Other then that ā€˜ā€˜sipahiā€™ā€™ upgrade is just garbage as u are up to use ur Janā€™s or Hc as in army and all of them are in same purpose.So Cav archers are in vein when playing turks they need some archer counter if devs are insisted on not to give eskirmsh to turks then only option is stronger cav somehow.Ä°f sipahi gives some buff to hussars that could do good other then that cav arc with jans or hcā€™s are nothing but a joke :smiley: and i saw only little differance between hussar and light cav in game only 15hp is not even fair compared to its price.so free hussar is not something valuable as it is thought . I dont know as overall turks are very boring and worst civ by far.they need clear buff

Hussars already counter Archers, and their Skirmishers are actually good enough for it too.

Not according to the data. Portuguese, which have more Trash options than Turks, fare far worse than them.

Turks are a civ only for people that really know how to play the game, and do not need to go into lategame Trash Wars.

Enough allready ā€¦turk skirmishers good enough huh ? have you lost your mind or trolling ?How can u call their skirmish to be good enough ??? can u stop mangudais or fu arbalests or conquestadors with turk skirmish do it then i will delete this game and will not play it anymore ?Can you share your 1v1 ranked games with turks please ? i wanna watch itā€¦Turks are civ for only people who really know how to play huh ? is that what it is so play frank no matter if you dont know the game huh ?Man i have more then +16k elo hereby i say i tried turks in every possible strategy and turks are WORST in 1v1 game match-up.only.they even dont have onagers!!!no paladin no any millitary superior unit other than jans which is easy to counter in imp (onagers,paladins,eskirmishers,arbalest,elephants,eagle warriors,goth unique,mangudai,any cavarly archer,scorpions,cannons mostly but wait they can get hussars,non upgraded cavarlies if they do hit and run leaving the bombard cannons unprotected xD xD xD ???)
so if you have gold even you dont have any chance against any civ like britons aztecs franks huns mongols saracens goths man turks are awfull even if you have 90k gold what do you have ??? Cavalier ?? Champion ??? only 2 unite bombard cannon without siege engineering so less dmg than generic and ā€¦Jans if u have castleā€™s to create when they are killedā€¦Where your enemy have PALADINS ,mangudais,siege onagers ,super strong unit Fu Arbalest (cheap and 5x more effective than jans )ā€¦
Whatever you say bro i know this game and there is only 1 point where turk could do overall that is early imp age ā€¦but when ur enemy is not destroyed (they will be super prepared as they know u are turk skirmishers will be everywhere xD) you are doomed even if you have tons of golds because turk millitary is worst in game as their eco is worst also. I rly dont know what game u are playing or where ???

1 Like

Chill, bro, half your post were almost abusiveā€¦

I want turks to be more viable during castle and imperial ageā€¦ I dont want bettr trash for them.

But i dont know what should they do to accomplish this

and i want turks to be decent civ thats itā€¦only a simple civ which have some strengthā€™s and weakness NOT just full of Weakness ā€¦or we allready have Tatars and Cumans which are allready Turk civ too.So deleting turks from game could do good i believe at least when randomed none would have to be worried about getting turk and calling it ā€˜ā€˜ggā€™ā€™ from the beggining of the game 11 :smiley:

turks sucks at feudal and castle age.

Well, turk civ have a lot of personality with their gun powder and not trash traits. They look cool when they are winning (ermā€¦ sometimes).

Devs have thought some bonus for low tier civs like portuguese, goths, vietnamese and teutons. Portuguese still need a buff, and gothd needed 2 more tweaks, but i think last three patches show us that devs are interested in balance the worsr civs

Maybe next month they buff turks (and burmese and portuguese again)

Thats their main problem. Even more than not having elite skirms or pikes.
They shouldnt suck at castle age, at least after getting a castle (for jannies or shipahi). But they lack the ability to reach thiat stage early or safely.

Thats the reason i suggested to give them free stone upgrades, but they will need much more than that.

1 Like

Turks have one of the strongest Castle Age pushes, and are average at Feudal, lacking absolutely nothing.

What people fail to understand is that Turks have almost no bonuses over other civs till they hit Imperial Age. And getting to imperial with Turks, in the current meta besides Arena, is almost impossible. Also people have serious problems noticing why none of their strategies are viable in any open / semi-closed map:
-Having free Light Cav/Hussar upgrade is only useful in Post Imperial, since in Castle age food > gold because booming. Light cav tech is only 150F/50G and the unit might be cheaper in total resources, but gets destroyed by any other unit except skirms in Castle Age. Not to mention, all other civs have an eco bonus that allows them to spam better infantry/knights/archers faster.
-Turks cant go FC + Jenissary because they are a unit that is slow and gets countered by skirms/archers. So in other words is a Conquistador but has no mobility with extra range and less accuracy. They cant also go FC + other units since their eco bonus is inferior to other civs so they will be outnumbered.
-Turks have no answer to ranged units besides Light Cav, which is also useless if they arent massed. So it means if you go fast Imp, the opponent just needs to make archers in Castle Age and also go fast Imp, and you still be behind in military numbers and eco. People dont understand that you cant fast Imp + have hussar numbers at the same time. You have to choose one. Yet you can fast Imp + archers because they are cheaper and cost no food. So by the time you hit imperial, you opponent will also be there but with 20-30 fully upgraded Arbalests/Skirms. And HC/Jenissary get destroyed by both. So getting free Hussar is pointless because not only is impossible to mass in a fast imp build, but also in early Imperial they can be easily countered.
-Cav Archers are not a viable unit because they are too expensive and mass really slow. Even other civs with great Cav Archer bonuses dont use them. They require a lot of upgrades, and you also need a Castle and pay for the extra tech. Not to mention, if Turks go with them, you wont be able to afford anything else in Imperial.
-Gold is usually the first resource to ran out in any map in 1vs1, meaning Turks are the only civ in the entire game that has a time-limit to get a victory. Even Portuguese with is the other civ with a gold bonus, has the Fetoria and trash units to compensate, and surprise, is only above Turks on how weak they are.
-If you dont go Fast Imp, and boom normally, you will ALWAYS be behind in vills because all other civs have better eco/military units in Castle Age.

TL;DR
Turks have no good eco bonus
Turks have no Feudal bonuses
Turks have no good FC strategy
Turks have no answer to range units
Turks fast Imp can be easily countered in any map besides Arena and their push only lasts at most 10min because they ran out of resources to sustain it
Turks best units are Cav Archers, which are slow and expensive to mass, and HC which come too late into the game and can be countered
Turks have a gold time-limit to win games
Turks have a free tech for a trash unit that only shines in Post Imp, and also lacks Halberdier and Elite Skirm

So now it comes to how to fix the civ. So far this is the civ:

Civilization bonuses

Gunpowder units have +25% HP.
Gunpowder technologies are 50% cheaper.
Chemistry is free.
Miners work 20% faster.
Light Cavalry and Hussar upgrades are free.
Team bonus: Gunpowder units are created 20% faster.

Some ideas i would suggest could be like this (It could be both ideas at the same time, or only one, it depends of the % boost):

1. Gold units have extra x% HP since Feudal: this way Turks can keep their identity as a heavy-gold civ and give a boost to all his tech tree since Feudal Age. It would affect the militia-line, the archer line, the knight line, their navy line, monks, and their gunpowder units in Imp. Even their trade units which are very important to them in team games would benefit. Of course the extra HP could be like 10-15% at most, since 25% in Imp for example would be absolutely broken. Turks would have more options besides gundpower, at the price of nerf their early Imp a bit.
  2. Make the Gold units create 10-15% faster since Feudal/Castle Age and change their team bonus from Gunpowder units are created 20% faster, to gunpowder technologies are 50% cheaper. This way it would make Turks make faster gold units that would improve their game since Feudal, keep their trash units weak like they has always been, and give Turk allies a better team bonus, because one of the problems is most civs usually have access at most to 1 or 2 gunpowder units in the game. So having 20% faster gunpowder creation is absolute useless for them because in best scenario 2 units are going to get a bonus. And since you have a turk ally, why would you be spamming HC or Cannons anyway? In other hand turk allies would be able to research Chemistry for 150F 100G (All civs benefit), Bomb Tower for 400F 200W (only 12 civs benefit to compensate the high discount) and Cannon Galleon 200F 250W (28 civs benefit).
    3.Give them access to the Onager. This way Turks will finally have a unit to face civs with range/trash units besides their cavalry line, which is expensive, and means a heavy investment that wont allow them to hit Imperial fast, which is their main strategy.
  3. Keep the Chemistry is free, miners work 20% faster and Light Cavalry and Hussar upgrades are free.
2 Likes

What if they built castles faster?

Currently, only spanish build them faster (30%), and bulgarias can build kreposts.
If they could build their first castle in 50% of the standard time, they could mass jannies or sipahi cav archers a bit earlier. This also would enable them to do greats castle drops for pushes, nand also respond to castle drops

This bonus can be added together fre stone upgrades if alone is not enough.

The problem of these kind of bonuses when they are specific buildings, is the civ become predictable and you always know what will come to you. Remember when Koreans built defenses and towers faster? Yet they still were in the bottom of the civs because all you had to do is deny them stone, and bam, dead. Also castle drops are usually game-ending strategies, it would be too op on some maps like BF or Arena. Defense bonuses usually take a turn for the worse.
A good bonus is one that gives you at least 2 good options. With spanish besides building faster you have gold-free blacksmith upgrades. So you arent forced to just go conqs. In feudal you can go Towers + Maa. You can also go knights and you save 270G from BS upgrades. You can even go for siege monk pike push.