Turks late game market buff

is anyone forgetting hussars?
i would argue the bonus is so powerful, if the players did not forsee a trash war, the turks could charge in

hussars aren’t that great against archers.

4 Likes

true, but combine them with other turk options and you can defend yourself
the reason i bring them up is because they are part of the classic balance triangle

havent been following this “yet another turk buff thread” but thats where the idea of a civ bonus of +1 PA comes from…

the tatar hussar is 33% harder to kill by arbs and that PA makes a huge swing in their favour… the turks could get something similar from castle or imperial age…

1 Like

I like the idea of a market solution, but it does step on saracen toes a bit. I posted this idea in the august balance discussion.

Another thought for Turks:

Have you guys played Celtic Kings? There was a feature there where as the Roman’s you could invest money and then get more back later in the game.

What if Turks had something similar, an imperial research from the market (I wish you could call it silk road), it costs maybe a 1000 wood and 1000 food has a 5 minute training time, and costs 10 population till its finished. Once it’s done you get 1000 gold. You can research it unlimited times, and you can research it consecutively out of multiple markets.

Any of these values (cost, TT, pop cost, payoff) could be tweaked to balance it. But the idea would be that late game they can sacrifice pop space and extra “trash resources” to get a large gold payout.

I would also give then free chemistry in castle age as discussed before to give then at least a viable defense against archers mid game.

They’re still a trash-less civ, gunpowder and CA focused, gold intensive, and their historic identity is still in tact. But with this buff maybe they’d be viable on Arabia.

1 Like

paper money?

but of course the italians

R.I.P Artillery!

only in some cases does the time it takes make an effect, this is a money duplicator, and correct me if im wrong but the closest to infinite research is 256x mod right?

all the historical accuracy fans have been summoned in favor of the chinese
maybe Chinese dont get gunpowder, but to not be the first to fave chemistry?
maybe buff the CA, one of their most powerful castle units

i’d argue they are already good, but i dont want to start a fight

My thought was that it would be an additional ability that the Turk imperial market has, not a replacement for any of their other techs, such as Artillery.

I don’t think this concept is that similar to paper money, this costs pop space, and has a much higher cost and much longer research time, as well as a bigger payoff.

I think this buff would have a benefit in most games. If the game goes late post imp then you’re able to get a 1000 gold payoff just 5 min into imp, that’s a big bump as gold is running out. Actually I would think the argument here is that its OP, not under powered.

Spies can be researched unlimitedly in regicide games, so theirs your non cheating comparison lol. But I’d say think of this as less of a research and more of a “trade caravan” that the turk player is sending east. That’s why it has a pop cost, and long TT.

If Turks are good and need no buff that’s fine, lol but it’s fun spitballing ideas.

1 Like

gain one gold for every millitay unit lost.

In effect a additional small gold bonus that is maybe comparable to one relic.

Could be buffed to 2 gold in imp.

Turks need help In trash wars, is the demand here. In trash wars countless of trash units die. More free gold here.

Alternatively for every unit killed gain gold, but it feels more like a bonus huns should have if they needed a buff.

1 Like

They need a counter unit, so giving them elite Genitour would be enough.

not op, if the turks needed a buff in the imperial age
i’d argue the only buff they need, is to carrythem there
plus introducing new concepts to an original civ is not the best move