Turtle Ships - Balance Poll

doesn’t matter. you said you wanted to see them at the highest level of play that matters and is serious.
they exist and were used.
you can complain all you want but they got used.

Stop trolling. only 3 War Elephants were seen, and one or two of them were made by suspected misclick

you know, you asked, i delivered, but i don’t need your BS today of all days. i’m out.

1 Like

The problem with TS is way more complex than the one with Elephants. At least, Elephants have a clear role in late game. EA beats every archer pop wise, WE beats everything in 1v1. In late game, especially black forest (which is probably played more than arabia, especially low level), elephants are good.

There is not a black forest like water map. So late game ships (especially TS but also the caravel) are way less common.

1 Like

You have no idea on how to make a poll, first you differentiate who think TS are fine and who doesn’t, then you seek what think they should do to buff them. And you let them choose only 1 or a few answers, otherwise there will be people who just randomly select all, inflating the resoults.

Also, yes, your wording both before and after the poll can potentially lead to bias.

5 Likes

Even one Turtle Ship can kill everything on water in Castle Age. we dont see them in tournaments, because last tournaments dont have maps, when they can be usefull.
This is game on map from HC2, year ago.

2 Likes

Tbh, the only thing I would give to TS is hp regeneration. And I would increase their cost if the Korean wood discount were buffed (to ensure that it stays as it is).

The poll is ridiculously biased, in particular it’s missing an option “They are fine as it is”. “They are seen very often” is blatantly false, but I still chose this one because that’s the closest you leave for people who agree the unit is not seen very often but think that it’s not harmful to the game.

I admire how you try to make arguments and constructive discussion but still leave your thread like that despite everyone telling you the obvious bias.

To me, this is how your poll looks like:

Is the siege onager balanced ?
1) Yes, siege onagers are seen very often in pro games
2) No, they should do +2000 damage

4 Likes

Turtle ships do aoe dmg.

However I’m not aware that it would have been changed to single target damage but if it has, it is a sad day. (and I am not able to check in-game right now)

E: kek, seems you got explained already.

You have no idea what 1.5 tiles means. Totally no such buff to TS.

I’ll also have to agree that the poll is too biased. Total percentage count goes a lot over 100, completely distorting the result of the poll. Also, there is no option for “they are fine as they are”, which I wouldn’t of voted for but cause the poll is biased, I voted accordingly for the “seen very often” option, for some counter-bias. Even just 2 options max could of been enough per voter. Someone actually thinking that turtle ships should get buffs on each, their gold cost, wood cost, speed and range, and even make the upgrade cheaper, is someone whos opinion doesn’t matter anything whatsoever and the poll should not be able to allow that.

2 Likes

Siege Onager has Blast Radius 1,5. Really you want this for unit so hard to kill?
Balst radius larger from 0,5 to 1,5 mean the area affected by this attack is ALMOST 10 TIMES LARGER.

4 Likes

Their Wood cost is actually fine, about 2 ships worth. It’s their Gold cost that is high.

What I found works best for them is to use them as “reusable Demo Ships” to support your Galleys vs Fire Ships. Three Turtles can pick off Fire Ships in 1 volley.

Turtle shios are super pop efficient. I would reduce their HP quite some, and decrease the cost. Goal is to get them slightly more cost efficient and less pop efficient.

1 Like