Tweaking the Burgundians

I don’t mind to nerf them, I know they are S tier, and any S tier civ will need a nerf, but my topic was about Burgundians.

and i was simply answering the question you asked. I think Lithuanians, Chinese, Aztecs, Mayans, and Burgundians all need nerfs. mostly minor nerfs.

2 Likes

2 and 5 feel like they would be enough, especially as it’s the combination that deals with the memish rev problem best.

1 Like

Good choices. Indeed options 2 & 5 will reduce their power spike of eco and their UT too.

1- When you research the Flemish milita, you will lose half of your food in the stockpile (or all of it), this will make coming back is harder after researching this tech.

Not sure about this one - you can convert all food to gold first before the tech is done

2- Burgundians no more have eco techs age before, and the discount will be 40% not 50%.

Sounds like it would destroy the identity of the civ

3- Burgundians economy techs discount turned to 35%, 30%, 25% dark, feudal, castle with being age before.

Sounds good

4- Flemish militia no more turn all the vills to militia, but spawn 50 militia from TCs (whatever the numbets of TCs) and make the militia be able to training from houses.

Not sure, do the vills disappear then?

5- Flemish militia tech make all militia training from houses without any spawn or turning vills.

Ok, but the price needs to drop to something like 500f 300g imo

6- Relics now generate food by 20f/min not 30/min.

Relics are not really an issue imo

7-Vineyards cost increased to 600F, 400G.

Not sure about this one (actually seems not that a big impact)

8- Since hand cannoneers received a buff for their accuracy, I think the Burgundians bonus should be 20% more power for gun powder not 25%.

Alright

i disagree with nerfing the discount to 40% on top of age removal, but that’s about it.

And I totally agree with you, all these civs need a nerf.

So you pick 3, 5 and 8 but not sure about others; good options.

I think picking 3,5,8 will make the civ too weak tho (their late game is trash already).

1 Like

Option 3 is kind of weird. It’s not really in the “rules” of the game to have bonuses that get weaker and weaker as the game goes on, and let’s be real, they went overboard with the amount of “one age earlier” bonuses in LotW, so I would feel more confortable with the more conventional approach option 2 offers.

Are you Equalizer smurfing again?

2 Likes

oh god here we go again

3 Likes

But you picked 3, 5 & 8. I agree with 3 and 5 with you, I prefer 3, 4 (or5) , 6, 7.

Equal to what?

I agree with 2 already but not be 50% but 40%.

i think 3, 4/5, 6 and 7 combined is overkill.

Ok you can remove 7, but somehow I feel making farms be able to generate gold is tough thing to deal with, If you ask me personally, I would like to delete this thing completely and you may ask me how? Make the Vineyards convert 50% of food to gold, but not 2 to1 ratio, but 1 to1 so for example you have 2000F, you will get 1000G, but no more farms able to make gold.

first of all, it takes like 40 farmers to generate 1 relics worth of gold, which means even in the longest of games they are likely generating less then 60 gold per minute from farms… second of all, you can simply raid their economy.

Not with their tough eco and Fmilitia raiding your base.

their tough eco? what tough eco?

and with your other changes, its not like they are going to have an overwhelming number of flemish militia to raid your economy with. because of these

no more 100+ flemish militia running around the map to kill you with, which means you can more easily handle those flemish militia, which means you can actually afford to have units raiding your enemy base.