Two Broken Achievements - Smoke on the Water & Turkish Delight

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 6228353
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
After completing the battles the Smoke on the Water and Turkish Delight achievements do not populate. This seems to be a very popular bug that the developers don’t seem to care about much.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the Battle
  2. Complete Actions that are required for the Achievement.
  3. Complete Battle and nothing pops up.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I should have gotten the achievements.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

5 Likes

Just flagging I’m also having this issue, but on the xbox platform of the game. A few of us on the xbox version aren’t able to unlock either of these achievements. they’re the last 2 achievements i need as well. According to TrueAchievements the last time anyone unlocked these achievements was 24th/25th of January.

My xbox account is actually OnexWingxAngelx in case it’s needed.

Same issue for Turkish Delight (I already had the Smoke on the Water achievement in the past so I can’t check that one but the devs confirmed there’s a bug on both)

I met the same issue and I still cannot get these two achievements after installed the UPDATE 46295.

1 Like

Yeah I it’s been listed under known issues for a lonnnggggg time. I just honestly cannot believe it could be that hard to fix two achievements.

I am having the same issue with the “Smoke on the Water” achievement. I have purchased 20 dragon ships (or more), all at once, or in groups, and no luck.

I also had the same issue with these two achievements: I purchased more than 30 dragon ships in the chinese scenario and destroyed the turkish enemies before the main goal in Bapheus, but I didn’t get the achievements.

There’s a report in which devs repiled Smoke on the Water would soon be fixed. But Turkish Delight hasn’t been confirmed as I have searched through the forum.
Smoke on the Water Achievement (Lake Poyang) Not Firing

1 Like

I have this same issue. I’ve completed the Turkish Delight mission twice to no avail.

Hello,
thanks for the report, this bug is being already tracked by our team.

Guys the smoke on the water achievement now works. Begin a new game, I just completed it as soon as I purchased 20 ships. I bought them one by one. It still says 70 gold instead of 100 but the achievement works.

Turkish Delight also worked now for me. I just replayed it today.