Ultimate Potential New Civilizations Review

Of course, the same thing I say…

1 Like

Of course,Tupi with Cunhambebe and Mapuches with Lautaro or Calfucura…

1 Like

A Guarani-Jesuit civ would be the same or similar as putting Paraguay for example…

Making it specifically Guarani would be the best of both worlds. You’d have a South American native civ that makes waaaay more sense than Tupi and a mechanism to get a more complete unit roster through the influence of Jesuit elements. Revolting to Paraguay would complete the transformation from native civ to a native-Spanish hybrid civ.

The Guarani are an ethnographic and cultural branch of the Tupi (and it is even thought that of the Caribs as well)…then the history of the Guarani and the Jesuits, was that before the impossibility of entering Guarani territory by the fierceness of these, the Spanish allowed the Jesuits to enter and evangelize them and there is a cultural exchange; the Jesuits taught them Spanish language and Christianity and the Guarani taught them to make mate, a very popular drink in the area…

1 Like

Here in Brazil that’s called Chimarrão

By the way, what if a Brazil civ, instead of starting from the empire, started from the United Kingdom?

Then the independent empire of Brazil could be a revolt and the first republic could be a revolt exclusive to it (like how you gotta revolt into Yucatán as Mexico to get access to Maya), and that could also justify access to pre-independence revolution atrempts like Inconfidência Mineira/Minas Conspiracy.

1 Like

Of course, the chronology of aoe 3 starts in 1421 with the Chinese campaign, but yes… that would be the point…

1 Like

Most likely, it would be similar to the Maori (1500-1840) of Wars of Liberty…

Features

• The (unique Town Center) supports population, trains both Villagers and military units, and can be upgraded for food storage and enhanced fortifications
  • Can train units in batches of up to ten at the same time
  • Newly trained infantry have a speed bonus
  • Defeating enemies in combat temporarily boosts player’s units’ attack

The Māori’s unique Town Center, the fortified Pā

The Māori Home City

The Māori Explorer embarks on Voyages in order to advance to the next Age

The Māori get to choose a new Voyage destination for each Age

The Māori’s naval units: Dugout Canoe, Waka, and Waka Taua

The Māori can plant Kūmara Fields for Food and the Sandalwood Grove will spawn trees to harvest for Coin

Of course, although perhaps Paraguay would be a revolution rather than a civ in itself as in Wars of Liberty…

A lot of how we designed Maori in Wars of Liberty involved a lot of working around engine limitations. Were I to port them to the Definitive Edition I’d change many, many things.

7 Likes

These are my thoughts on the possible civilizations for Age of Empires 3 DE. :smile:

If it wasn’t for the fact that they don’t fit the AOE3DE timeline, I’d propose Ireland as a playable civilization.

I think the next civilization will not be from South America, because it is too predictable, possibly the next civilization will be from Asia or the Middle East.

If the developers ever want to make Argentina and Brazil, I think the mechanics for “age up” should be through immigrants or through important figures.

Maori are another good option because they belong to a completely unexplored territory, but I don’t know if the vast majority of people would buy them.

I’m doubtful most people buy a civ based on if they have heard of them or not. I’d say it’s only a factor when people are deciding between one of multiple civs. Most people probably had never heard of Hausa before African Royals but it was still a great pick. And most people would probably be very eager for Oceania maps that would come with Maori.

5 Likes

M00Z1LLA a question, what is your language?, because your answer does not make sense based on my comment. :sweat_smile:

At no time did I say that people would buy a civilization based on whether it is known, I said that I am not sure if people would buy the Maori civilization.

In any case I said that the Maori are a good choice, precisely because they are from an unexplored continent, which means more new maps.

I guess the misunderstanding was because of the translator, I hope this clears up the confusion and I hope you have a nice day. :smile:

I just didn’t properly read your comment and misinterpreted it as Maori being unknown, not coming from an unknown region. So I thought you meant Maori would be unpopular because they’re from an unknown region, not despite being from an unknown region.

1 Like

Next Civilization? (Poll)

Next Civilización?
  • MOROCCANS.
  • BRAZILIANS.
  • KOREANS.
  • THAI.
  • IRANIANS.
  • MAPUCHE.
  • KONGO.
  • DANES.
  • AKAN.
  • YORUBA.
  • MAYAS.
  • ANIGIDUWAGI (CHEROKEE).
  • NɄMɄNɄɄ (COMANCHE).
  • ZULUS.
  • AFGHANS.
  • SOMALIS.
  • BURMESE.
  • EDO.
  • OMANIS.
  • MĀORI.
  • KĀNAKA ʻŌIWI (HAWAI’IANS).
  • INDONESIANS/MALAYS/INDOMALAYANS.
  • HAITIANS.
  • COLOMBIANS.
  • VIỆT.
  • CHILEANS.
  • SUDANESE.
  • PUEBLOANS.
  • ARGENTINES.
  • NDE (APACHE).
  • XHOSA.
  • UZBEKS.

0 voters

More options?
  • PERUVIANS.
  • POLES-LITHUANIANS.
  • FON.
  • ABORIGINAL AUSTRALIANS.

0 voters

Info: It seems that there were more civilizations to choose from that I didn’t see the first time, sorry for the inconvenience. :sweat:

1 Like

As a Brazilian I’d kinda like to see Brazilians, but Moroccans and Mapuches could be fun as well lol

6 Likes

This poll lacks Poles.

5 Likes

Fixed, thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

I just noticed the poll includes “Edo”. That’s the African Edo, right? Not the old name for Tokyo.

The survey is based on the options given by the author of the topic, any questions I recommend first reading the descriptions he gave.

1 Like