So after DoTD we got balanced civs, but some older ones still remain at the very top on both 1v1 and TG and need nerf lol, is time to put end at their reign and let other average civs shine
- Technologies now cost 15% starting at the feudal age (Previously it was 10%/15%/20%)
- Chu Ko Nu gold cost raised to 40
- (Standard) Chu Ko Nu base attack reduced to 7.
- Elite Chu Ko Nu TT raised to the same as standard.
Chinese, despite the nerf, are still way too strong and versatile on arabia and other maps with good eco, good UU, also the Elite upgrade doesn’t benefit them to much, so then if you want to use them massively at Imp you need to pick the elite upgrade rather than don’t.
- Chivalry effect changed (From 40% fast working Stables) to the former Burgundian bonus (Fallen Knights return 33% of the gold cost)
Franks aren’t problem on 1v1, but they are deifnitively too strong in TG pcoket with such economy, free HP on Knights and more, also the hability to spam 40% faster 192HP paladins is absurdly stupid (Think by a moment if Chivalry was given to any other civ with paladin nad see how people will scream is OP), if 22 attack paladin was nerfed, these one need a bigger one. I haven’t got well yet if there other more healthy effect for Chivalry, but still.
- Archer discount now is 10%/15%/20%.
- Longer lasting resources nerfed from 15% to 10%
- El Dorado cost raised from 750F and 450G to 1200F and 650G
Mayans are without doubt such absurd civ on Arabia and open maps because of a great eco by the extra villager, more res collected and that archer discount (30% discounted fully upgraded arbalest? is too much unless they lacked an importnat archer tech like how the Berber and Goths discount work.Also, El Dorado is way one of the strongest and game ending UTs for the infamous eagle warrior and needs to be a great investment, given on how strong the Mayans eco is.
- Warships discount reduced in feudal to 10% (as well the team bonus)
- Some nerf to the Longboat? (Not figured out)
- Take something out of the tech tree regarding archers (Thumb Ring?)
Vikings are by far a problematic civ to balance because they have OP eco but less powerful military, also, they are extremely strong on any water map and don’t let other civs to shine here. Nerfing their archer could help but still think isn’t neccesary at the end.
A plus one that needs to be adressed lol:
- Hauberk technology in some way reworked.
- The current new team bonus removed, changed to all ships having extra LOS or something lol
There no doubt… How is even remotely close healthy having a cavalier that can’t be converted, absorbs 50% bonus damage and get armor enough strong to tank more arbalester arrows than even the frankish paladin, how you exactly can fight that in 1v1 (because in TGs their cavalier are less scarier, and lol people trashed out 22 attack lithuanian paladin when this cavalier is way stupid and OP). Also, their team bonus is just lame, silly, and poorly thought out there, you can abuse this by several ways, land and rush or whatever you wish to do without any drawback, is stupid.
I can bring more examples of other things that need nerf, but those are more specific, and I want mostly to discuss here the major ones.