Ultra noob with question

I downloaded AoE2 DE a few hours ago on my Win 10 PC. I’ve search all over for simple instructions on how to play, but they miss the basics - HOW TO BUILD. I can get resources, but no clue on how to use them to build.

Also, if you have a link to a basic tutorial, I’d appreciate it.

John

Just play the William Wallace campaign. You will learn everything you need to know to play a standard map

1 Like

Spirit of the law on youtube does lots of video’s for beginniners, including an overview of each civilisation. Once you’ve learned the basics, get on youtube, plenty of content streamers out there. If you want a “What not do do”, look for T90’s low ELO legends.

1 Like

Villagers can build buildings. Select 1 or more villagers to access the build menu.

In buildings you can spend your resources too for more villagers, military and techs.

1 Like

Check out singleplayer first too by the way. Play through the William Wallace campaign until you feel comfortable to tackle on an easy skirmish vs preferably the AoC AI. You’ll be enjoying this game in no time.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I’ve been messing with singleplayer mode. It looks like a lot to learn.

John

The game is pretty hard to master. You must know some players play this game from 1999. They will be very good! It can be really overwhelming if you just starts to learn the game now!

Good luck with learning the game. Dont hesitate to come back to here to ask additional questions!