Unable to build saloons

GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 100.12.27812.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam /
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Starting a new skirmish game either though the US event or the normal way I`m not able to build a saloon as any nation. I don´t even have the option in the building menu as seen in the picture attached.

I already reinstalled the game several times in hope to fix this issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Do you have any mods enabled? That could be the issue.

Sadly not. I don´t have any mods enabled.

You shouldn’t be able to build the Saloon unless you play as the USA.

You should be able to build the Tavern though but that is missing in the list.

Hi, @PrueferAuge89,

You can maybe try first 2 things :

1. “Options” > “Restore defaults” (the one directly in the options menu that restore all configs to defaults)
  2. Make a printscreen of the skirmish configuration before the start of a game. (I think the problem is there, you’re not supposed to start in a “standard” game with 2 towers and a barrack)

Hi, @Mischkov

1. Sadly it didn´t do anything. I still can´t build the Tavern/Saloon (and I´m still getting the error message that the AI didn´t load but that is a different bug).

2. Its the starting situation on the map Texas.
    But here is the image.

Both bugs, the AI one and the Tavern/Saloon started to happen when the update with the US challenges launched.

Edit your first message to improve it (add the parts you deleted), this is an example adapt it :
(create a new topic in another tab without publishing it to get the “report bug template”, then you can discard it when you copied the missing parts)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Launch the game (fresh install)
2. Press button Skirmish
3. Press button Play (default config)
4. When loading the game, a beautiful message AI error pop up (insert here the error message printscreen)
5. As game starts, select a villager
6. The tavern/saloon button is not available (as provided in the section image below), even if I upgrade through the ages.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I should be able to see the “build a tavern/saloon” button in bottom left action window when selecting a villager

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
You launch a skirmish, record it + create a save game, and post them here.

If you provide all the information, I’m pretty sure you will have an answer. Btw if you have time, you can just set the current experimental version to see if you have the same issue on it (you will have a temporary profile so you can’t continue your celebration achievements, campaigns,etc … , but you can switch it back to the stable version easily later, ). Note that if you have the same issue on the experimental, there is specific steam topics dedicated to that version for the bug reports

2 Likes

Since i´m unable to edit the first message I will just post it here.
Thank you for the help up until now.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 100.12.27812.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam /
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Starting a new skirmish game either though the US event or the normal way I`m not able to build a tavern/saloon as any nation. I don´t even have the option in the building menu as seen in the picture attached.

I already reinstalled the game several times in hope to fix this issue.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Launch the game (fresh install)
2. Start a Skirmish eiter either the normal way or through the US-Event
3. Press button Play (default config)
**3.5. When loading the game I get this error message which is proably not related

4. As game starts, select a villager
5. The tavern/saloon button is not available, even if I advanc through the ages.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Been able to build a tavern/saloon.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

See the first post, since I only allowed to post one as a new user.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I´m not able to upload attachments since I´m a new user. So I uploaded them here.

2 Likes

Hey @PrueferAuge89,

Sadly the recorded games do not display bottom left “action buttons” from currently selected units.

But I loaded your save and was able to build a saloon/tavern :

So please can you provide a log file of a game session :

• Start the game (shutdown before if you were already playing)
  • “Reproduce” the bug in a skirmish game
  • Surrender and go back to main menu
  • Exit the game
  • Get the log file of the last game session (adapt the path to you PC, but it should be sth like this ) : “C:\Users\JohnDoe\Games\Age of Empires 3 DE\Age3Log.txt”
  • Upload this file here

Ok. Now I´m feeling kinda stupid.
After seeing you be able to build the building I was checking the mods ingame again and saw that I did had a mod installed.
It seems I didn´t noticed it the first time I checked the mods…
It was the official Winter Wonderland Map.

After deactivating it and restarting the game I´m able to build a tavern. And the AI is working again.

Thank you for your help and sorry for not checking the mod page better. That would save us some time.

3 Likes

No problem. The most important is that your issue is solved.

I never expected that a map mod would case something like that^^

1 Like