Unable to move units in game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• *GAME BUILD * V 101.101.47820.0 6624001
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I opened up a ranked queue and began my immediate dark age build - two to houses, scout go to get first 4 sheep. I quickly discovered that I could click to place a house and villagers will walk there, but the scout refused to move. I thought it was a mouse problem so I paused and switched to by other mouse. I unpaused and I still could not move my units. I explained to the other played I had to resign since I couldn’t move. I resigned and opened up a single player mode to play the AI to test to see if it happened again. Same thing - can only move villagers if placing a building foundation. No other units will move. This issue has only occurred since this after the server maintenance this afternoon, so I do not know if they are related.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Launch a game
  2. Select a unit
  3. right click to make the unit move to the point the mouse click is registered at
  4. nothing happens

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Units are supposed to move.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• I have a game file to share, but it says ‘Sorry, new users cannot upload attachments’ when trying to upload.
1 Like

I never heard of a bug like this.

For me that sounds like somehow right click is unbound.
Can you try to reset the hotkeys? You can save your current hotkeys and reload them later.

Thanks for the reply - that did in fact fix it and I can play now. Thank you!