Unable to spectate game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Version 101.101.56005.0 7694700
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I intended to spectate a game but when I clicked spectate game I received the error message:

"Failed to start observing match. This match is not observable.

Source: AdvertisementStartObservingEvent
Error Code: 0x0000000c"

The match host guaranteed to me before the game start that the game was set to both public and to allow spectators. The game did appear in spectate games search when searching by lobby code.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

It happened now for the first time.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Have host of a match give you the lobby code of that game
  2. Have them verify to you that the game is indeed public and allows spectators
  3. Search the lobby code in Spectate Games tab
  4. Find the game in question
  5. Select game from results
  6. Click Spectate Game
  7. Receive the error message

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Instead of receiving the error message I would begin to spectate the game.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

spectate error

Hi @Hjoerleif !

Does this happen to you regularly? I tried to reproduce your issue but I could spectate games without any problems

Thanks!

Hi @IkoKnight8151

This was the only time but I’m suspecting the host might have unwittingly lied about settings, i.e. thought he did check the allow spectators when he actually didn’t… Can a game actually appear in search results of Spectate Games if spectators are not set to allowed though?