Unable to view map after game finishes

Agree. Not being able to see the map after the match is very disappointing (skirmish or multiplying). Seems like a very important part of the whole experience. To be able to see the other player/ AI builds and tactics. And to just relish in victory… just like in AOE3. Please make it happen :pray:t4:

1 Like

We have a very good relationship with RB, he usually knows what he is talking about.

@IamDalv Blade’s messages are a result of direct correspondence with the development team, and while it is true he does not work for Relic, he is passing along information that explains the current limitations of the feature, which have also been updated verbatim in the patch notes: Age of Empires IV — Update 8324 - Age of Empires and in the known issues page: Known Issues & Solutions – Age of Empires Support

While the messaging was unclear in the initial patch notes and that’s on us, I appreciate @anon63664082 for clarifying this here for us, and I can confirm that he does indeed know what he is talking about. :wink:

@IamDalv and for you may I recommend having a look at our Code of Conduct, particularly in regard to respectful behavior. Please ensure that you treat everyone on this server with kindness and respect, especially our moderating team who help keep this a respectful, inclusive, and informed community. We are so grateful for all that they do! :hearts:

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello @SavageEmpire566,
So does that mean that we wont be able to view the map post match in skirmish mode at all? If not is this something that is being worked on?

Just let us hang there for a couple of seconds more as apposed to going straight to stats…I don’t even mind the victory/defeat banner on the screen :slight_smile:

I am hoping the devs realize this is not what people are talking about when they say view the map after a game.

1 Like

@DGinz01 @CRothlisberger Yes to both of you, we absolutely are aware and this is just the start of the implementation of this functionality. Right now it only applies to team games (not 1v1s) but this is being worked on for the Spring update. See below for the official response from our Known Issues page!

Post-match map only visible in certain situations
We’re working to expand upon this feature in our Spring 2022 update. In the meantime, you’re able to view the post-match map in team-based multiplayer matches where you’re eliminated and a teammate continues playing. After elimination, you’ll be able to pan around the map with Fog of War enabled until the game concludes; to proceed to the stats screen, just press “Continue.” We’ll be bringing additional flexibility to this feature in our Spring 2022 update, including having the post-match map screen available for all players after the match concludes, enabling this functionality in vs. AI matches, and allowing players to easily switch between the post-match map and stats screens.

2 Likes

Great news! Thank you!! :slight_smile:

It’s a bit weird to include this in the patch notes when this was already a feature in the game since the previous patch, if I’m not mistaken. It could have been worded differently to prevent people from getting on their high horses. But hindsight 20/20 and all that.

Nevertheless, post-match map is not the correct term in this case.

Hey Ashley, didn#t know you work for Microsoft now :slight_smile:
Out of curiosity, is anyone allowed to talk about captureAge and if there is active development towards aoe4 ?
Since we all can agree that the spectator view needs tons of improvement for those poor casters :smiley:

Again, because I’m having fun with this, like other users have said here, this semi-feature being able to spectate your team’s game after you’ve been defeated was ALREADY in the game before this patch. So nothing has changed, besides the continue button.
To anyone reading this being confused, NOTHING was added in this patch in regards to this, although the patch so proudly mentions it has been, it wasn’t. They have tried to add post-match map, and actually thought they did, in a sequence of events which I can only describe as incompetence, but whatever they’ve done to the code did not work. As if that wasn’t enough, they’ve then come forth to tell they actually wanted to say only spectating after elimination was implemented in this patch, but that was already in the game, so they botched it a second time.
Also, they are confusing post-match map with spectating your team while still in the game. What it says in the Kown Issues & Sollutions advertised here - " Post-match map only visible in certain situations" “In the meantime, you’re able to view the post-match map in team-based multiplayer matches where you’re eliminated and a teammate continues playing.” - is NOT post-match map. Whoever wrote that doesn’t even have a clear idea what that is. None of that is true, post match map is not visible in any situation whatsoever and you cant by definition view the post match map while game is still on going.

I know they are aware this is a very important simple feature that should be in the game asap, and that they thought they could finally add it in before holidays when lots of the employees go in vacation, but realised they just don’t know how to code it properly. So now, for a feature so simple, they have faced the reality they cant implement it until Spring while trying to change the facts and sell you the lack of a feature which was already present, as a feature.

Looks like the devs are currently working on it and it should be available in the spring update so no need to keep reminding them. But still appreciate the devs work and all the comments/feedback from the community and the recent clarification on the patch notes being in error and not actually including this function, even if partcially.

Just for clarity, post match means at the end of the match. If you’re defeated in a team game and the other players are still playing this isn’t post match as the match is still on going. It’s more like post-defeat or post elimination, not post match.

1 Like