Undead Villager Glitch

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.8319.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10😛

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
If a villager enters a boat at the exact moment of receiving a fatal shot from and arrow (mine occurred from a long bowman), the villager will still enter the boat however upon exiting the boat at any location, it will immediately die.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
That is the first time I’ve been in that circumstance and I haven’t made any attempts to replicate it, so only once.

:arrow_forward: ############ STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Get a villager to approximately 1 hp
  2. Have the villager enter a boat while being shot from archer.
  3. Ensure the villager receives the shot exactly as it enters the boat.
  4. Drop the villager off at a different location, and it should die immediately afterwards.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Under normal circumstances either the villager should survive and continue to live, or it dies before entering.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Unfortunately I can’t provide proof of the happening, but I’m sure you should be able to recreate this issue.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

There’s a @TWest6709 video about it, you can actually resurrect a unit with 0 HP if you garrison it in a building exactly as it would normally die, and wait for it to heal up.

iirc this was fixed in UP (still broken in DE) so that Villagers could not garrison during their dying animation (and thereby also fixing the idle vil inside of scout kidnap bug).

Hello @DefoliateTable3
Thanks for this report! We’re now tracking this issue :slight_smile: