- GAME BUILD #: 101.101.59165.0 8211018
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7
Ranged units move in the opposite direction to which they were tasked if they had been previously tasked to attack and chase an enemy unit. Tipically, they move first to the point where they started attacking and then to the point they are actually being tasked to move, even if these points are opposite to each other
- 100% of the time
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Start any game, and build a group of ranged units (10 units for example).
- Select the group of units and click on an enemy unit so as to task them to attack it.
- Make sure your group of units reaches the target and fires at it, then the enemy unit runs away from your units’ range, and your group of units starts chasing the enemy.
- After letting your units chase their target for a while, select them and task them to move towards the target they were following (do not click on the enemy to attack, just move the units). When doing this, the units will turn around and move in the opposite direction, approximately until they reach the point where they began to attack, and only then will move towards the tasked point.
Units should keep moving towards the point the are being tasked instead of in the opposite direction.
Here is a small clip from a game against the AI
You can see at the end how skirmishers move away instead of towards the point they are being tasked to.