Ungarrison TC not available despite TC being garrisoned

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.51737.0 7126076
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Ungarrison option fails to appear when TC is garrisoned.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. select a group of villagers and command them to garrison the TC.
  2. while the villagers are walking towards the TC, spam the ungarrison button or hotkey.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

After each villager garrisoning, the “ungarrison” button should appear on the UI and clicking it or using the hotkey should ungarrison the villagers.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

I’ll add here suspected cause. There is a short delay between a villager entering the tc and the ungarrison option becoming available. When a large number of villagers are garrisoning and ungarissoning in quick secession, this delay might be causing a race condition or experiencing switch bounce.

erm… what do I do now this is just being ignored?
It’s patently a bug.
It has gameplay consequences.
It screws me over quite often.
I filled in the bug report as best as I could instead of just posting some rant.
I included a video
Hello? Devs? Can you acknowledge this at least? If you think it’s fine tell me why?

I was able to reproduce the bug after some attempts. It happens also to castles, so I guess every building that can garrison units is affected from this.

My findings / assumptions:
If the ungarrison-button is clicked “simultanously” to someone entering the building, then the ungarrison-button is not present as long as:

• no new units enter the building
    → if a unit enters the building while the bug is “active”, then the ungarrison button appears again (unless the bug is triggered again)
  • the corresponding building is selected
    → when I unselect and reselect the building, then the ungarrison button is again visible

btw: clicking on the little unit-icon still works to ungarrison the corresponding unit

1 Like

Hey everyone,
thanks a lot for this report, we are tracking it now!
have a nice day

1 Like