Unique Units you can expect to see in an Indian Based DLC

It is weird the Poles’ uu uses a double-handed pick, they were single-handed weapons

Well I cannot do anything about this. I am just stating the facts as it is here. India is super diverse, as much as Europe. This is just a glimpse of it.

Pick any civs as you like or pick none if you want to (if you think one civ can encompass all of it). Doesn’t really matter to me.

i mean we have franks throwing axeman throwing a double headed axe
we have mamelukes riding camels, and throwing spears, whats another unrealistic option?

There are few unique decorated swords as well. But I didn’t include them in the list because they might not make a unique unit since they are not that much different when looked afar from aoe2’s perspective.

Kastane: Used by Sri Lankans
Untitled

Hengdang: It is a single edged sword with a long handle used by the Ahoms in India.

Dao: The sword, with its wooden hilt, and unique square form is used for digging as well as for killing. Used in Assam and Naga people.

1 Like

There are many unique ships for different civs as well:

Odia boats:

Bengali boats:

(“Catamaran” is derived from this name)

BfTCJeZCUAA02uV

Malabari Ship:

Chola Ship Hull:

Ivory Sculpture from Bengal:

3 Likes

This sword design must have come with indian/persian influences we dont see these before 15th century and most were used by nobels. normal soldiers had a different type of sword.

I guess the boat design went from asia to other places.

2 Likes

Some martial/war dance references for unit looks from different parts of India:

Chhau dance, might fit for Bengali Civ:

Nairs (Malyalam), might fit for Malyali/Tamils Civ:

Kalahandi Ghumura, might fit for Odias Civ:

Kodavas (Kannada Civ):

Nihang Sikhs, might be suitable for a Punjabi Civ:

Maring Nagas, might fit for a Kachari/Assamese Civ:

Adi Arunachal, might fit for Tibetan Civ:

Also check the stuff mentioned in this page:

1 Like

Marathas:

North-West India:

East India:

Punjab:

Deccan:

Tamils:

Kashmiris:

Oriyas:

Kannadas:

Tamils:

East India:

3 Likes

could be like the Burgundian uu, but can charge its attack more

Some weapons look pretty unique and interesting. Hopefully a next Indian civ will not have a boring elephant unique unit.

Came back here to look for Thirisadai ship… seems like there is no model

frankish throwing axemen really excisted, it’s called a Francisca

Wow great post, so diverse! thank you.

yeah, i am aware, but did they throw a double headed axe? not even close. the entire point of my argument was that we have plenty of things that are not “Properly Portrayed” in this game. the game has always leaned towards historically influenced, but not historically accurate.

1 Like

Wow what is the name for the curved Bengali ship? :heart_eyes:

True, the double headed axe is way too much. They were small hand axes.Yes i agree.

They also didn’t throw multiple and it only was to get rid of the enemy’s shield, not how they fought. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Pretty much a fantasy unit.

Ivory model of Royal Peacock Barge.

thank you very much!