Unique Units you can expect to see in an Indian Based DLC

Based on Weapons:

Khanda: It is a double-edge straight sword.

Bhuj: Commonly called an axe-knife, because the blade is fixed onto an axe-like haft.

Aruval: It is a type of billhook machete.

Patta: It is commonly called a gauntlet-sword with a gauntlet integrated as a handguard.

Kukri: It is a type of machete with a distinct recurve in its blade.

Talwaar: It is a type of curved sword or sabre.

Urumi: It is a sword with a flexible, whip-like blade.

Parashu: It is battle-axe which can be wielded with one or both hands.

Katar: It is a type of push dagger characterized by its H-shaped horizontal hand grip.

Maduvu: It typically consists of two blackbuck horns pointing in opposite directions connected bytwo crossbars which also act as a handle.

Bagh Nakh: It is a “fist-load, claw-like” weapon designed to fit over the knuckles or be concealed under and against the palm. Tiger Claw.

Bichuwa: It has a narrow recurved blade and a simple looped handle which may be cut with chevrons.

Gadaa: It is a mallet or blunt mace, consists essentially of a spherical head mounted on a shaft, with a spike on the top.

Chakram: It is a throwing weapon also to protect the turban and the head from sword/melee attacks.

Gupti: It is a swordstick dagger that can be completely concealed in a wooden case and resembles a walking cane or short stick.

Dhaal: Round Metal Shield held by two handles fastened to ring bolts that pass through the shield and are riveted to bosses on the outside.

Barchhaa: Type of lance with a wooden handle. Another version of this weapon is the Ballam, a throwing spear.

Gandasa: It consists of a long stick of wood (roughly the height of its user) with a wide blade attached to one end. It resembles a very large axe, although it is used in a different manner.

Ramdao: Large, curved blade designed to decapitate in a single stroke. It is used in a hacking swing

Khond: The crescent shaped blade is made of steel and fixed to a rosewood shaft strengthened with iron sheathing and is surmounted by a flat wooden knob.

Zaghnal: An Axe like War Hammer, devastating in charged attacks.

Ayda Katti: Weapon of war peculiarly worn without a scabbard

Valla: Spear with a shield attached to it.

Burz/Shishpar: Flanged Mace

Valari: Thrown wooden or iron weapon. They come in both returning and non-returning varieties

Based on Martial Arts:

Of course I may still be missing many stuff. I did this compilation in about 1 hour. You can do the google search with the name of the weapons to know more.

19 Likes

yes please ghurkas .

Maybe the units from aoe3 can be converted.

AoE3 Gurkhas are long range shooters with modern looking military clothing. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Not even one can be used?

1 Like

do you think devs will use aoe3 models to create the dlc? :rofl:

1 Like

HD still has a cut paste unit made by kor for his mod as the heavy pikeman :joy:

2 Likes

Ah true I remember that. 11 scenario editor heavy pikeman.

1 Like

dont forget all the dlc campaigns had no voice acting too.HD is pretty much a mod pack people payed money to play.

1 Like

time to correct all the mistakes made in FE expansion in past.

correct the large umbrella civs Slavs and Indians.

3 Likes

Slaves are kinda diversified with bulgarians italians with the upcoming civi,fingers crossed for Indians with better historical representation of tech tree.

1 Like

how would a chakram work?
i feel it would deal melee damage, but that would be a gbeto repeat

i also had a concept of its projectiles being like a scorpion’s where it passes trough units, while having shotel-like stats

so an instant kill vs. standing units? must have a tedious reload time :slight_smile:
would still be useful for sniping however

i may be wrong, but can’t this split open when inside another person?
if so, it would be an awesome unique tech for a bleeding attack

I just had a random idea, what if this unit had a special ability that on the first hit, their enemy was “knocked down” or unable to attack, and then after their attack reload is done they attack again

1 Like

Combine this unit with ranged units and you have a very op unit.

1 Like

I remember dev used incas units voice from aoe3 when they were first introduced in aofe.

Depends on other stats

Pan India (Mostly South and East India)

Used by Gujaratis and Sindhis

Used by Tamils and Malyalams

Used by Rajputs and later Marathas

Used by Gorkha (Nepalis)

Used in North-West India

Used in South India

Used in East India

Pan-India (Mostly North and East India)

Used by Tamils

Pan-India (Mostly in North and Deccan)

Used in the Deccans

Pan-India (Used by Wrestlers in North India)

Used by Sikhs (Punjabis)

Used in North India and East India

Pan-India

Pan-India

Used by Punjabis

Used by Bengalis

Used by Gonds

Used in Deccan region

Used by Kodavas (Kannadas)

Used in South India

Pan-Idea different variations

Used by Tamils

Well congrats! Your weapon here will be in the DoTD expansion for Obuch UU for Poles.

25 indian region civs seems a tad excessive…

Yes the Obuch unit for Poles. 1111

1 Like