United States - "New Mexico Immigration" technology does not decrease any unit or technology cost

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #: V. 100.12.56860.0
  • **GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • **OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 (21H1)

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The United States’ State Capitol building has technology “New Mexico Immigration.” According to the description, the New Mexico Immigration technology should, among other effects, decrease all unit and technology costs per sent “Immigrant”-type home city card - I believe it is 5% per sent Immigrant card. I have a deck composed of all 8 immigrant cards. I send four cards, take the technology, and then send the next four immigration cards. At no point of the process are ANY unit, technology, or shipment costs decreased. The price of the Regular and the veteran upgrade for the Regular remain consistent, and after purchasing a regular and the veteran upgrade, it does not appear to be a UI issue. There are also no decreases in the UI or actual costs for any State Capitol wagon or technology, nor a decrease in the shipment cost of any Immigration card.

I could not find any patch note describing this change. Furthermore, the description still suggests that at least some unit’s cost should decrease after sending immigrant cards and buying the New Mexico Immigration Technology.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

100%** of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Load into a game as the United States with a deck containing all 8 immigration cards. The bug appears to be consistent regardless of map, game mode, starting resources, and ai difficulty level.

2. Age up to the industrial age using any combination of federal states.

3. Send any four Immigrant-type shipment cards.

4. Research the New Mexico Immigration technology at the State Capitol.

5. Send the next four Immigrant-type shipment cards.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I believe that all unit costs and technology costs should decrease by 5% per sent Immigration card after researching the New Mexico Immigration technology. I figure at least the State Capitol units and technologies should decrease in cost.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h5lum4rH8bq_ug6P1I5sLsBQFPjbI4r8/view?usp=sharing

Hi @BananaTruffles !

This technology cost is reduced by 100c everytime an inmigrants card is sent

Thanks for your report anyway!

The actual text is:

Allows you to support 100 population without the need for Houses or Town Centers (total population is not increased). All units train slightly faster. Sent Immigration cards reduce costs and research time.

The plural “costs” is definitely a little misleading. It could read: Sent Immigration cards reduce cost and research time.