These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: ######
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux
Apparently units ocassionally do not find openings in walls anymore but path the shortest way to the desired location.
You can see in attached replay file at 13:55.
The red player has several scouts in control group 1 and controls them all together at cyans Berris/gold. There is an opening in teals base at the top, where the scouts initially have entered the base. However the extra scout added later does path against the gate on the left side, instead of following through the opening on the top
unknown at this point
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Have a wall that is blocking off the closest path but has an opening out of line of sight
- Command units to go to the other side of that wall
- Units will behave as if there was no wall at all
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Units walk around the wall through the hole.
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
bad_pathing.aoe2record (1.7 MB)