Units don't follow commands -- vs. AI

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.36906.0 4941835
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Win10
  • Gamertag: King Donko Vii

Issue:

Gamebreaking – once game progresses to certain point (e.g. 80 supply) vs. AI and only vs. AI (not vs. humans) units and buildings don’t reply to click or hotkey command. They will make their unit/building noise, the UI seems to recognize the command, but nothing happens in-game. “overlay” UI works, e.g. can quit, etc., but any command effecting the game is ignored completely – including pause. This is usually ‘around’ 80 supply. Map, AI difficulty, or civ doesn’t change this issue. Doens’t seem to happen at specific clock-time. Human player on the scoreboard has a red ‘clock icon’ next to it when this issue manifests. Network connection is exemplary. Reproduceable literally 100% of the time; .e.g. this always happens.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Start 1v1 multiplayer, any map, using AI (any difficulty)
  2. Progress game to ~80 supply
  3. Ask a building or unit to do pretty much anything.

ATTACHMENTS:

If contacted by a dev will attempt to capture video.

You mean like these? Check the notes of document for time when lag spikes and game no longer responds. I had this problem a couple weeks ago. Still no word on a fix from anyone.

Not quite. I can’t see your videos but from your report it looks like your client is ‘hanging’ in mine, the client still ‘works’ I just can’t control any game units. The lag spike is similar tho