Units on Walls

though this is more of a suggestion than a question, one interesting feature I saw in a different game, 0AD is the developers were able to have it where you can place units on walls like sentries, though that seems like such a small and insignificant feature it would be so amazing to see! I feel it adds a little more to the fun and reality, as well as how AOEII original & HD had gates for the walls. Just that little feature I feel could add a whole new aspect to the game, I know that wasn’t in the original, but seeing how this new release is a remastered and revamped version of the original could possibly be an idea worth considering.

No. The game is a remake with all classic good gameplay.

Throughout the franchise the walls have a definite functionality, especially in the first game. So how would that change the game mechanics a lot, I do not think it’s something developers would do. Certainly not!

Please no, that would change the game too much…

Btw, 0 A.D. is a gorgeous game.

Nope it’s a remaster not a remake.

I’ve played some guys on Gameranger from China/Vietnam where they ban walls in multiplayer altogether as supposedly they harm the flow of the game.

I disagree, but I suspect a large segment of the legacy community wouldn’t want to buff walls.

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
Nope it’s a remaster not a remake.

I’ve played some guys on Gameranger from China/Vietnam where they ban walls in multiplayer altogether as supposedly they harm the flow of the game.

I disagree, but I suspect a large segment of the legacy community wouldn’t want to buff walls.

Its horrible.

Agreed, walls are a vital part of the game but we don’t want to be buffing them or changing the fundamental game mechanics. The graphics of ROR are beautiful.

I’m not even sure why you would want units on walls unless it was for aesthetic purposes or proposed a buff to units on them (like an elevation bonus as on cliffs) as ranged units shoot over them currently anyway.

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
Agreed, walls are a vital part of the game but we don’t want to be buffing them or changing the fundamental game mechanics. The graphics of ROR are beautiful.

I’m not even sure why you would want units on walls unless it was for aesthetic purposes or proposed a buff to units on them (like an elevation bonus as on cliffs) as ranged units shoot over them currently anyway.

Only range units can fight with units over walls, or destroying the wall.
Example 0 A.D or AOE Castle Siege.

touche’ I get the understanding of how adding something would interfere with the game mechanics