Units path backwards when tasked to attack

We’re tracking this issue.

Confirming this still happens as of 24/06/23 - and it’s costing games. It’s not just a minor bug, it’s causing my Elite Cannon Galleons to ram themselves into Castles for no reason despite outranging them by 4 tiles. Makes it impossible to micro groups or pull out of tough fights, as units just turn and run into the enemy with seemingly random patterns.

Cavalry, Archers, and Infantry do it too, running a tile or two the wrong way, but it’s particularly bad for ships, which go as far as 7 tiles (!) in the wrong direction. That’s literally over half their range.

1 Like

Yeah, the regrouping these days is extremely bad, a year and half after I posted my video to this thread. Age developers, you know his is a huge issue and it’s making crossbows very hard to use, and inadvertently altering the balance of big tournaments, right? I hope the developers watch Hera’s video here and take it seriously:

As a software engineer myself, I would think multi-unit pathing with formations and obstacle avoidance is one of the hardest parts of the game engine. It will take some very talented developers to fix it. So, which developers are working on the pathing? Are there any automated tests for it? Is there any hope of reverting the pathing back to how it was in 2021?

3 Likes

I don’t think there are any real devs working at this game anymore tbh.

the worst about all this and becomes extremely clear is that when you have an unit that is part of the control group and yet it is so out of formation position, if you click on the opposite direction of where this out of position unit is the “going backward” becomes so severe that its no longer just 1-2 tiles, more like 3-4 tiles depending on where this unit is

1 Like