Units seem out of place (graphical and animation discussion)

Total agree. Graphic Is essenziale for a game success. I really love AOE so my critics to developers is Simply to have a Better title. I want a luminus fate for AOE.

6 Likes

Please stay on topic and be respectful towards other forum users per the forum code of conduct.

3 Likes

Hello

You’re awesome.
This is exactly what bothers me, and you got it right.
Thank you very much.

Gentlemen developers, please take a look at this. You don’t want to release it.
It must be repaired

Thank you

8 Likes

Hahaha! O boy I remember those days when DOW lll was release, those cartoon graphics and gabriel angelo’s doing flips in terminator armor jajaja.

Ohhh Relic you are doomed and I will watch your funeral when this game is release, because you never listen, you want to make games for mona and fornite players instead your fan base that bought your dawn of war and your company of heroes games, respect your community and respect age of empires fans, don’t insult us with mobile graphics

16 Likes

Unfortunately, it is not developing well yet.

It takes a beautiful cool fight. A little blood and no fireworks for the New Year

2 Likes

Thanks for this post. It proves those people wrong, who say Relic made cartoony units because of visibility. No, it’s just unrealistic. They could make 90 % of graphics style more realistic without losing much visibility.

9 Likes

TBH
i liked the DOW 3 graphix… simply didnt like gameplay

lol couldnt said better

1 Like

Thank you for this detailed post. I couldnt put it better together. Lets hope they will listen to their fans for once.

5 Likes

I share your pain, some conformist subjects will accept the game in its current state, for me, it is an insult to the franchise, also, it is a remake of Age of Empires 2, I will definitely not buy it, I will give my money to a certain company that announced this year the third installment of one of the RTS with the best graphics of the last five years …

6 Likes

These animations do concern me… the arrows size and speed is off putting. the castle with the machine gun is aweful.

and the siege engines lack crew, its a step backwards from the evolution of AOE
Elephants also look static, and not much of death animations with disappearing bodies.

If you notice the bow strings are not in sync with the firing of the arrow either and its just concerns me when things like that are passed off as acceptable what else will be cost cut.

4 Likes

lol warhammer 3… but these 2 are entirely different games

1 Like

massive battles, great graphics, fire and blood, huge maps, giant campaing escenary, unlimited details, lots of unique factions, weather, buildings and fortresses, story, extensive gameplay and unlimited community mods, what more could I ask for? and most importantly, work and 0 excuses!

5 Likes

Basic stuff that should have been there had they listened.

• Maps as of now look more like closer to the scale of AoE3 - not really big. This post makes a good summary.
  • Blood is officially not going to happen

Screenshot_23

• Graphics and animations are the disappointment that everyone can see.

• Details? That’s a good one :smiley:

• Factions, 8

• Castles exist but not sure if you’ll like them

Rest we shall see.

3 Likes

I think that in its current state, AOE IV will have a worse fate than III, the worst thing is that it destines the franchise to eternal oblivion, the technical excuses for that disaster are not admissible, I pre-ordered AOE III DE because I knew what to expect, I pre-ordered TW: W 3 because I am certain that it will be a jewel in the crown for Creative Assembly, I will forget AOE 4 because I know it will be a disaster, I expected the closing of the age of empires with the fall of the Russian Monarchy, the Bolshevik Revolution, The Second Reich, and the World War I, not a cartoonish AOE II remake, is like a disturbing jokes

5 Likes

Nobody wants to play World War 1 or any modern eras. You guys are like 3% of the player base…

9 Likes

Speak only for you, at no time has a census of franchise players been made, consulting us on historical periods, I wanted something new, perhaps, others too…

1 Like

Not speaking only for me, be honest you know it’s true. Otherwise they wouldn’t have chosen Middle ages again.

Anyway we do not need to argue, just do a poll yourself on any forums and you’ll get the same results each time.

I don’t need to take a survey when on reddit people are already claiming the same thing, this is a remake of Age of Empires 2, the third game based on the middle ages, it is what it is…

2 Likes

Just because it is the same timeline doesn’t mean it is a remake. They’re actually taking huge risks with asymmetric civs and other new features. The game is totally different from AOE2 and imo this is what really scares most people, they don’t know what to expect until we have the game in our hands.

The game’s very ambitious and i won’t spit on it because the arrows look bad. I understand criticism is necessary but there are too many doomsayers on this website. I mean we haven’t even seen how’s the real gameplay… Are we really in a position to talk about a “remake”?

1 Like