Unknown is a great map!

Unknown is a great map.

Yesterday I found “cash cows” during a free for all. They were slow, had odd armors (like 1% vs siege, ranged and melee) and fattened to hold coin instead of food. The texture of the cows looked like gold ore.

Everyone randomly started with a bank wagon, and coin trickle treasures were around the map.

One of the really nice things about the map is most of the time it’s not just a joke map. It has good comedic timing. The map is only occasionally a joke, meaning it remains funny when it is.

The map has been massively improved since DE. I liked the map on RE vs the computer or for FFAs, but DE has somehow just improved all its best features imo.

Anyway, I felt like posting to say it’s a great map!

13 Likes

I feel like more could be done with unknown maps like more of a testing ground for new units and testing new ideas for future updates. In a casual and even some semi pro players fooling around on the map happens often enough to be able to gain new insights for the game. But as not to be taken to serious as the units/ideas would still be a low chance of getting them.

1 Like

Does anyone know if a infantry/cavalry speed bonus is possible as a map bonus on unknown?

I played on it today and for some reason infantry and cavalry had +10% speed. My cavalry archers had 7.70 speed before I got the speed upgrades from the natives (was higher later on). My infantry had extra speed too.

Maybe you got one or more treasures that increase units speed?

I didn’t think so… it wasn’t just me either, at least as far as I could tell. Also it was on a NA texture map which I don’t believe has infantry/cavalry stat boosts. Unless it was in a “mysterious cash”, but those are normally just 100 res.

I’ve been liking the unknown maps I have been on. Seems to be more hunting as well.

1 Like