UNLOCK all the cheats, NOW!

It’s good to see the 256x tech cheat code is finally open to every player. It should be applyed to all other locked cheats. We buy the game, and we have right to play every single bit of the game. If the locked stuff of some time events are graphics, sounds, no big deal. But devs lock the cheats, that’s insane!

Event codes

These cheat codes are only available upon completing challenges during events in the Definitive Edition, and cannot be acquired after the event concludes.

Event codes
These cheat codes are only available upon completing challenges during events in the Definitive Edition, and cannot be acquired after the event concludes.

photon man: Creates a Photon Man (Age of Empires anniversary event and “Celebrating the Ages” event).
Tech Tech One Two Free: Makes technologies free (“Greatest medieval technologies” event).
Yes We Khan: Turns all of the player’s Mangudai into Genghis Khan in the Genghis Khan campaign (“Mongolian civ” event).
Put on your capes: Turns all of the player’s infantry into Elite Teutonic Knights (“Teuton civ/Oktoberfest” event).
grab your pitchforks: Turns all of the player’s Villagers into Flemish Militia (“Women of History” event).
cameleon: Transforms Camel units owned by any player into Flaming Camels. (“Celebrating the Ages” event)

3 Likes

Why? Just gimmicks.

There are several xXTech mods out there for custom games

1 Like

MOD can no way compare with ingame programming. They need to download, sometimes bug. And most importantly, many cheats cannot be mods, they are hard programmed

2 Likes

Almost non of they did work the full game (later desyncs) and they get outdated with every new update.
I see it same the op, this event graphics ok, can leave them event specific, like the profile pictures, but not cheats.
I was unlocked the photon man in the past, where it wasn’t still required to be in the Xbox account, I’m curious if i still can use the cheat, sad i can’t check right now.
Now it’s even required to be logged in in Xbox.

I’ve been working, and haven’t been able to unlock anything with the stupid timeframe… Really annoying. Even this last event, I didn’t get crap except for an icon. It’s absolutely ridiculous, considering I’ve probably spend over 300$ on all the AOE games, and repeated conquerors disk buying back in the day. I feel like I’m being abused and it’s absolutely unfair and dumb, really angers me that there’s content I PAID FOR, HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS, and played thousands of hours. And because I’m working, or indisposed I can’t enjoy the game fully. I might make a corporate complaint and refund the 80$ I spent so far on all the DLC, Base game (Steam and Microsoft store) because I’m being prevented from enjoying the whole AOE experience. Due to ridiculous events. Seriously Microsoft, you wanna turn yourselves into Blizzard and become a pariah by being anti-consumer? WE’RE ASKING FOR IT, WE GIVE YOU MONEY.

1 Like

It’s indeed very annoying. At least remove the deadline for events and allow their objectives to be completed at any time after release

2 Likes

This would be an excellent way to run the middle road, let the devs keep coming up with new events as well as allow us the chance to grab things we have missed out on.

1 Like

So long as mods no longer auto-install(which is a pain for many) it would be great.

3 Likes

Sorting mods in folders would also help : unit reskins, environment reskins, TC statues, sound mods…

2 Likes

It’s now been 2 years since this thread was made and the devs still haven’t bothered adding the 4 missing event cheats to the game.

1 Like