Unplayable Lag In Every Aspect of the Game Since DLC

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 61321
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: I just downloaded the new DLC and I am suddenly experiencing game-breaking lag in everything from the interface to gameplay. It sometimes takes up to thirty real seconds for a villager to begin moving towards a spot where he/she has been commanded to go. It can take minutes for the menu and loading animations to play through and for buttons to become highlighted when my mouse moves over them. I didn’t change anything since I last played before the patch. My game usually runs very smoothly, and I do not notice anything unusual in terms of RAM or CPU usage. It happens when offline and online. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and did a number of other usual fixes that tend to work.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: Download new DLC/patch. Open game.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: Game runs smoothly.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Hi @jacobchip3657 !

Can you try to add the game to the exception list in your antivirus?

Can you also check that the game is running in your main graphic card?

This issue is present in multiplayer or skirmish games?

Thanks!

Hi @IkoKnight8151!

I have added it to the exception list and I have also checked that the game is running on my normal graphics card – the same problem persists. I can’t figure out what is causing it, especially since I haven’t changed anything since I had previously played.

The issue is in everything in the game: multiplayer, skirmish, menus, even mouse movements. It is just in the game too – I can tab out and everything is working at normal speed without lag while I am not in AoE2.

I don’t know if there is anything else that I can give to help out with a solution here, as the game is unplayable as it is now…!

Oh I see

Can you send to us a video?

Your DxDiags could be handy too:

And also your Enhanced Logging files ://forums.ageofempires.com/t/how-to-use-the-enhanced-logging-build-to-generate-networking-logs-disconnects/101090

That could help us a lot to investigate this issue

Thanks!

Some last advices, try to update your graphic card drivers, windows, and verify your files in Steam Library (Aoe, Properties, Local Files). Disable your Enhanced Graphics and mods could help too.