- GAME BUILD #: 101.101.59165.0 8211018
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7
Whenever an enemy unstarted foundation becomes within the line of sight of any unit/building, all tiles on which the foundation is placed become explored (not visible), regardless of whether they were within the unit’s/building’s line of sight
This issue occurs occasionally during games in dark age, when players are exploring their opponents’ bases and for example a barracks foundation is placed nearby where the enemy scout is passing. It is easily noticeable and makes unstarted foundations somehow “visible” to the enemy player.
100% of the time
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Place an enemy foundation (from player 2) on any part of the map unexplored by player 1
- Place any unit/building from player 1 nearby so that at least one tile on which the foundation was placed becomes visible
- Immediatly, all tiles lying under player’s 2 foundation become explored (not visible) for player 1.
There should be no explored tiles which were never in the line of sight of any unit/building from player 1 as long as player 2 has not started the construction. Player 1 should not be able to find out in any way that there is a foundation before the construction is started.
You can see 2x2/3x3/4x4/5x5 explored areas (corresponding to a house, barracks, market and wonder foundations placed by player 2) which became instantly explored after only one tile of the foundation came within the scouts’ line of sight
If the foundation is placed partially on tiles explored (or visible) by player 1, the bug occurs (i.e. all tiles on which the foundation is placed reveal) only if
- at least one new tile under the foundation becomes visible to player 1, and
- the central tile on which the foundation lies was not explored (or visible) by player 1 at the moment the foundation was placed (I’m not 100% sure about this last point though, nor what “central tile” means for 2x2/4x4/4x1 foundations for example).