Update 6159 - Team Games - Settlers are kleptomaniacs now?

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: UPDATE 6159
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I see what you did there. ^^
The improve settler behavior describe as :
Increased the radius in which Settlers will seek out and collect their respective resources to prevent them from idling when uncollected resources are within view.

If in 1v1 it’s probably a good feature, in team games now allied settlers goes wrong and try to steal any allied crate in a huge radius.
I mean, at the very start of the game any idle settler go toward allied TC to loot allied crates. And it continues at each new allied crates spawn.

Settlers becoming pretty confusing to manage, because now our settlers tend to spread themself towards allied TC, without mentionning all problem that looting allied crates can make for build orders.

The cherry on the top, is that new mecanism doesn’t fix the compulsive idling behavior of settlers in late game while playing treaty, when settlers stop working on automatic task. (go the next tree / herdables / hunt / building after they did the manually asked one), which is a painful bug on treaty or long games with a lot of players and you can’t even trust your settlers to do their job.
(a legacy problem if I remember correctly)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

For the “looting allied crates behavior” :

1. Play in teams games
  2. Having some idle settlers while allies have some crates to loot.
  3. Watch the walk and looting start ^^

For the “compulsive idling” in late game :

1. Play in team games treaty (3v5 vs IA for example with a decent level) Map with some water with some ships is a plus.
  2. Let’s battle begin, fights have to be intense.
  3. Have some settlers to wood / hunt or herdables. Try to make a wall.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Settlers shouldn’t loot allied crates automatically, excepting in a close range (10-15 range ?)
Settlers should keep doing seek out work on their initial task, even in long and intense games.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

Settlers try to go from our own TC to allied TC, to loot allied crates, the range sounds to be huge.
Settlers should continue to work as intented, even in late and busy games.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

N/A

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

N/A

10 Likes

same here my villager runs across the map a crap resources from enemys o.O

it’s not a good feature in 1v1 either. villagers on coin will walk into enemy territory by themselves when the mine finishes.

Hey there! The change that was “inspiring” Villagers to go above and beyond when collecting resources has been rolled back as of Hotfix 6847. The team is going to make some tweaks and rebalance their optimism when it comes to gathering resources before reintroducing the changes in a future build.

Thanks for the report!

3 Likes

verdade e ruim de times porque sempre o aldeao de um noob sempre pega seu ouro ou madeira

Do you know if todays hotfix was this week’s patch, or do you think there is a new, bigger patch tomorrow? :slight_smile: Glad to see this being fixed, by the way :wink:

I guess the legacy settlers problem with them stopping to work in late game isn’t in the scope yet, but at least the newest problem was revert. Thanks for the hotfix.