Upload and Share Your Custom Scenarios

If you haven’t noticed, the Age of Empires website was updated last week with game statistics and custom scenarios.

The beta custom scenarios section allows players to upload their own scenario creations to share with the community.

Instructions for submitting a custom scenario:

1. Sign into the Age of Empires website at https://www.ageofempires.com/mods with your Microsoft Account and then once signed in go to Submit A Scenario.
  2. Fill in all the required information for your custom scenario.
  3. Attach a screenshot of your custom scenario.
  4. Create a ZIP file of your custom scenario then attach it to the form. Note the limitations of the custom scenario upload. For convenience I would recommend clicking on Open Game Folders in game and then pinning that folder to Quick Access in File Explorer to make it easier to manage custom scenario files.
  5. Click on Submit.

If you have any suggestions or comments on the beta custom scenarios section of the Age of Empires website, feel free to comment below.

A few suggestions I have for the website custom scenarios section include:

1. I would like to see an option to edit the description of the scenario without needing to completely resubmit the scenario ZIP file.
  2. I would also like to see a comment section below the custom scenario listing where users can provide feedback on the custom scenario for future revisions.
  3. On the submit scenario form I would like to see a drop-down menu for selecting the scenario difficulty level (easy, moderate or hard).

This is awesome, but a question. Where exactly is the file location/install directory for AoE Definitive Edition? I don’t know where the game is installed and thus where the scenarios are saved. I can’t find it as the game was installed through the app store, which I don’t know how to access through file explorer like I can through a steam game.

Sorry if the question is off topic but I really want to be able to share scenarios.

@RaisedJam96081 said:
This is awesome, but a question. Where exactly is the file location/install directory for AoE Definitive Edition? I don’t know where the game is installed and thus where the scenarios are saved. I can’t find it as the game was installed through the app store, which I don’t know how to access through file explorer like I can through a steam game.

Sorry if the question is off topic but I really want to be able to share scenarios.

Launch the game and go to Options > Open Game Folders. This will open a File Explorer window. The Scenarios are saved to Game Content > Scenarios.

I would really like to know how to take a screenshot I can’t seem to find this information anywhere, and it seems really useful to be able to upload scenarios which I can’t do right now.
ASAP response would be amazing!

@ZORBIAN said:
I would really like to know how to take a screenshot I can’t seem to find this information anywhere, and it seems really useful to be able to upload scenarios which I can’t do right now.
ASAP response would be amazing!

Win+Alt+PrtScn while in game. It will be saved to your Videos > Captures folder.

Completely agree!
Comment sections for the actual mod pages would really make feedback easier. This site could really take a cue from AOE heaven´s download section.

can anyone tell me why the enemy refuses to build a base? I can’t find a clear answer… he has room, resources etc.

And one of the most stupid things that he does is he keeps sending ALL of his villagers to my base (which has a few towers) so all his villagers die. WTF

It’s definitive edition but the AI is just as dumb as 20 years ago -_- FIX IT, it’s 2018 not 1998, come on

@LiviuMarin said:
can anyone tell me why the enemy refuses to build a base? I can’t find a clear answer… he has room, resources etc.

Have you fiddled around with personality and strategy?
The personality will dictate the AI´s behaviour (setting it to defensive will make the AI build towers and not zerg rush with their army for example)
The strategy will dictate what kind of units he produces (Persian water Iron for example will make the enemy strive towards building iron age ships)

I just found the game read the 20 years old scenarios, just need to do archeology to find my oldest hard drive :wink:
And go see AoE Heaven obviously

hi i have downloaded some custom scenarios and copied them to the Scenarios folder. however i am not able to access the single player Custom Campaigns tab ie it’s greyed out. anyone facing this issue?

Hey!
After unziping the downloaded folder you have to put the file into the campaign folder instead of the scenario folder. The folder is available in the campaign editor :smile:

@“Decius Flavius” said:
Hey!
After unziping the downloaded folder you have to put the file into the campaign folder instead of the scenario folder. The folder is available in the campaign editor :smile:

thank you it works! the download and install instruction says to put in the Scenario folder :s Maybe admin can update the instructions to put in Campaign folder instead? :#

@Player822686341 said:

@“Decius Flavius” said:
Hey!

thank you it works! the download and install instruction says to put in the Scenario folder :s Maybe admin can update the instructions to put in Campaign folder instead? :#

With scenarios saved to the Game Content > Scenarios folder, in game you need to start a multiplayer or single player game, click the pull down menu next to Match Type and choose Select Scenario, which will bring up all the scenarios saved to your scenarios folder.

If you want to edit a scenario saved to the Game Content > Scenarios folder you need to click on Editors and Edit Scenario, then the list of scenarios will show.

This is laughable. 2018 and you need to share maps like this? you should give the guys that approve this game to ship for sale bitchslaps left and right. This is beyond me. Microsoft haha.

Warcraft 3 is how old? And the Map sharing is beautiful. Oh and with Steam you can share Maps awesome as well. But Microsoft has his nice little Xbox Store. Laughable