USA Challenge - Louisiana not registering 3 completed Town Centers - Cannot progress challenges (Multiple Civs)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 100.12.24632.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
During the USA Challenge - Louisiana, the task is to Build 3 Town Centers during a Skirmish/Multiplayer game on the Bayou map. I “began” the Louisiana challenge and tried three times as different civs (British, Portuguese, and Ottomans), built 3 town centers, and finished the game. However, the challenge was not completed after quitting the post game.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS) [Every civ I tried]
    I will continue trying other civs and see if I can find one that works and will report back if I can find a pattern to win.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. “Begin” Louisiana challenge
  2. Play a Skirmish as a Civilization (In my case, it was British, Portuguese, and Ottomans) on the Bayou map
  3. Build at least 3 town centers. (I have tried from all covered wagons, settler built, and explorer built)
  4. Complete the game.
  5. Louisiana is not passed :frowning:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

USA Challenge - Louisiana level is passed and players can play the next challenge.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

A screenshot showing I can’t progress

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• N/A

Uhm… you need to build 3
Since you have a buildimit of a towncenter is 3, you need to destroy your starting towncenter and rebuild it…
Challange done.

1 Like

Interesting… I’ll give that a shot.

If that is the case, then the instructions are very misleading and the developers should consider rewording the instructions if that is the case.

Thanks @Shinjux3 That worked.

I still think this should be considered a bug or at the very least a strong community suggestion. Given the instructions saying to build 3 Town Centers and the fact that the build limit is 3, in English, this is heavily implied that 3 Town Centers should do it without having the need to destroy your original and rebuild it.

1 Like

Its definitely a good puzzle :stuck_out_tongue:

But, on the contrary, it is not something most users would probably think or interpret for the instructions. All it would do is cause players to get frustrated and quit playing. Like those of us that are very passionate for the game, will research and do what we have to do, but the average player shouldn’t have to do research to figure out how to play a game. The Town Center especially is a very unique building and when they say to build 3, most people would probably assume a total of 3 meets the objective.

Play the Portuguese and get the Industrial Age, very easy