USA Marines not healed past half HP

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION
I discovered this bug originally in a game where I got a healer as a treasure reward while doing a marine push. See below for details, but I was able to easily replicate this in a skirmish, over and over again.

GAME BUILD: V.100.12.30181.0
GAME PLATFORM: Steam
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED
when you send the United States Marines card, minutemen no longer lose HP, essentially making them able to be used as normal units, among other buffs. however, healer units will not heal them past 100HP. I first discovered this with a healer treasure guardian when I was doing a marine push and wanted to heal all my minutemen to full HP after sending the card to assist with the push

I further discovered that this applies to ALL healer units, including the surgeon the united states can train from the church. I saved a gameplay recording of me displaying the bug in perfect view.

#:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. make minutemen
  2. send Marines
  3. train a healer and watch as he does nothing

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

the marines should be healed to full HP after the card is sent, and they are treated as normal units
Marines Bug.age3Yrec (4.9 MB)
Marines Bug.age3Yrec (4.9 MB)

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

3 Likes

This seems to be because minutemen cannot be healed (for balance reasons). Marines are a minuteman upgrade, so I think this is a feature, not a bug. I agree they should be able to be healed though.

1 Like

Early on in DE’s release they could be. It changed somewhere in the past several months.