Usac’s Civ Crafting Brainstorms Part 10 - Muscovites

According to this the civ doesnt belong I have my doubts though which means most likely a rename

Thats just his opinion I say keep this name.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just better to give an second Unique Unit for the Ruthenians civ (currently Slavs civ). Cossack is too late for AoE 2 - it’s better to look for another UU for the Ruthenians.

Boyar could possibly become a regional unit, shared with the Lithuanians and Romanians civs.

Research of the word cossack shows it predates rven the 1400s after all. The theme of this civ is counter unitish. Using knowledge it looks like Cossack lineage id a mixture of cuman and others. It predatws the Gbeto for sure and even the turtle ship… all 6 of them

If its an issue of name Im all ears for a better name for the Eastern Slavs attacked by Pechenegs and Tatars a whole bunch. For UU too

From wikipedia which not the best research but look at how unique the unit functions compared to most too.

Early “Proto-Cossack” groups are generally reported to have come into existence within what is now Ukraine in the 13th century as the influence of Cumans grew weaker, although some have ascribed their origins to as early as the mid-8th century.[16]Some historians suggest that the Cossack people were of mixed ethnic origin, descending from East Slavs, Turks, Tatars, and others who settled or passed through the vast Steppe.[17] Some Turkologists, however, argue that Cossacks are descendants of the native Cumans of Ukraine, who had lived there long before the Mongol invasion.[18]