Usac’s Civ Crafting Brainstorms Part 4- Vandals

At first, I want to say I like the concept of the UU Plunder.
But the UU feels a little underwhelming as Castle UU (based on your description, not on the stats)
here is why:

1. First, the only purposes of the unit is to destroy buildings and siege, so is more a support unit as the main unit of your army. For me, that is too little for a Unique castle Unit.
  2. it doesn’t mach with your core army unit. For my understanding of the civ you want to go knights. there are mobile and can easily break Palisade Wall on his own and other buildings So the Plunder is only useful, if you go infantry or archers.
  3. but then is required, a castle (650 Stone) to produce. So it will come late in the game, or you rush a castle and have no army to push.
  4. And if you are able to destroy your enemies base, it would be better to go for mangonel or ram’s in castle and Trebuchet in Imp. So I see no real use for them as a Castle UU.

But I like the concept of the unit, my idea would be to make it at a Barracks UU accessible in Feudal Age with Feudal Stats, of course, you now need a new castle UU
with Either 2 upgrades in castle and imp or is Upgrade like a Sergeant

1. Now is easier to produce
  2. it can be used as a tool for Feudal fights to break into the enemy base for Raids or destroy key buildings to slow down your enemy
  3. if it produces from the barracks it is a good pushing tool for early castle age and to snipe siege
  4. And with it gold and stones generate you can better get your castles up or towers

I know that’s one of the UT had an upgrade for them. I am not sure if the need to change with my idea…

I hope my English is not too bad to read :smile:

1 Like