V&V Currently more expensive than the base game (on sale)

Older things get bigger discounts, wow!

Also some base games are simply just made cheaper or even free even if they offer more content than any DLC.
The full base game of Destiny 2 is free with the whole campaign and everything but the DLC cost money even though they offer less content than the base game.

7 Likes

Wait till 2026 so you can buy it at 75%

2 Likes

Yes… notice I didn’t also mention TMR is currently more expensive than the base game in the post. I bought the base game for less than 6 AUD a few years ago and bought most of the DLC’s on release so I’ve already paid more for individual DLC’s than the base game.

I’m only pointing out V&V is more expensive, which to me is just shocking considering what is offered.

We all know that the base price of the DLC is way to high and that the content it offers (compared to just the free workshop content) is pretty bad.

The fact that it currently has a lower discount then the base game doesn’t really add much to it.

In some regions the normal price for the DLC is higher then the base game, that’s a lot worse.

4 Likes

Oh damn, that’s really bad. Out of curiosity, do you know which regions those are?

I think one poster from Brazil complained about that.

There is also some countries like Argentina and Turkey that had massive inflation in recent years so I assume it will be the case there too.

https://steamdb.info/app/813780/
https://steamdb.info/app/2805510/

This website lists the prices in different regions.
Unfortunately it currently shows the discount so it’s harder to compare.

1 Like

Note that on SteamDB, you can go to an app’s package (“sub”) page, and compare the prices to the “Valve suggestions”, which was last updated in 2022 based on Valve’s judgment of economies and inflation.
https://steamdb.info/sub/1001915/

(Technically, when you buy anything on Steam, you are not actually buying the “apps”, but the “packages”.

Valve’s “suggested prices” for each region are auto-calculated and suggested to the publisher when setting a package’s price.)

In many regions, V&V (and other recent DLCs) prices are considerably higher than Valve suggestions, showing the publisher has a different idea of inflation from Valve.

I assume that Microsoft has their own price tables for that and they want to have the same price in all stores even though that wasn’t always the case in the past.

The other reason is that Valve doesn’t update those tables that often so they don’t necessarily reflect the best price at the time a product is released.

There is nothing shoking, V&V is new DLC, so the older base game has higher discount, it is normal in other games too

V&V offer solid Single Player gameplay content

Ok, it’s not that big discount disparity. and this point is irrelevant since people have already mentioned in some regions it is more expensive without a sale.

Aside from gameplay, which is subjective I guess, its single-player content is significantly lower quality. And besides I can play most of it for free.

This DLC is terrible, but unfortunately, it will now become the new standard, because people will shill for a large company that doesn’t care about them.

1 Like

Are you serious? :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes