Villagers idling instead of fulfilling/continuing their tasks

Game Version:

• Build 4509956
  • Platform Steam

Issue:

I’m a bit surprised that I’ve not found this obvious and regularly occuring issue reported yet:

Very often (in each match I play, basically), quite a few villagers will eventually start to idle instead of continuning their work. Sometimes they don’t even start the work from the beginning.

Typical situations:

• Farmers at some point just don’t go back to their farms and instead walk to another farm (already used by another vill) and standing there or just standing next to the mill. (In a longer “boom game” I always have quite a few of those.)

• Lumberjacks at some point stop chopping wood, instead just idling around. Sometimes “frozen” with wood in their hand… so it looks like they were on the way to the lumbercamp and then just froze forever. (Also: In a longer “boom game” I always have them.)

• You send a group of villagers to do something but only a part of the group arrives at the location, the rest just stops part-way, idling around. (Just a hour ago I had this with hunters: I send six vills to kill a boar that stands next to a mill. Foru vills arrive at the location, two of them just “get caught” by a tree standing in the way and never continue to move.)

• You send a villager to build a building but instead of building it he just goes there and idles next to it. (Today I even had a case when a vill just stopped building a house that he had already finished 80% of… and no, there weren’t even units/animals passing by that could have someway impeded him.)

As a HD player I can generally say that villager behaviour is obviously less intelligent in DE than in HD.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Play a game and assign task to villagers
  2. See how villagers will not start their task or eventually stop it without any reason
7 Likes
  • Farmers at some point just don’t go back to their farms
    Veery often some farmars going to drop food and then idling for tens of seconds

• Lumberjacks at some point stop chopping wood, instead just idling around
    All the time for me

• You send a group of villagers to do something but only a part of the group arrives at the location, the rest just stops part-way, idling around
    Often two vills colliding into each other and cant walk (from distance looks like they just chatting)
    About the hunters and sheep-eaters - villagers almost every time are ignoring order queue and doing whatever they wants.

1 Like

Push because issue hasn’t been adressed yet.

had these same issues. especially:

workers idling while dropping off gold/stone

stop reseeding farms (even though set in mill)