Villagers skip the next task in line if issued a garrison command

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.50700.0 7006804
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

If villager that has multiple tasks issued is garrisoned (alt+click), and later ungarrisoned, will skip the task it was on its way for and resume the one next in line.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Task a villager to build multiple buildings in order while holding shift (Keep Foundation 1, Keep Foundation 2, Keep Foundation 3)
  2. Garrison the villager while he’s on his way to Keep Foundation 1
  3. Ungarrison the villager
  4. The villager will now start building Keep Foundation 2, skipping Keep Foundation 1 entirely

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The villager resumes building Keep Foundation 1, and doesn’t build Keep Foundation 2 until Keep Foundation 1 is finished.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

hey @CaseConstant523
This currently doesn’t happen in our tests, given your reproduction steps. Are you sure you are sending the villager back to work from the tower?
If so, could you check if that truly does happen 100% of times?
Thanks for the help!

1 Like

This is a live representation of the issue. I hope it helps!

In testing, when following the steps mentioned I’ve yet to see the issue not happen. So 100% of time seemed like a good way to describe it.

if you click the back to work button, the one with the man in front of the door, the villager will go back to the first tower, but it is true that when you ungarrison it, it will go to the second one. Thanks for the help, we will look into it!

TIL that a back to work button exists. I’ve always just ungarrisoned for a similar purpose and thought everyone else also did the same 11. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like