Villagers still get stuck while gathering resources

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 40874
  • Platform: Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag:

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

Although not as dramatic as the continuous bumping in previous patches, villagers still regularly get stuck while gathering resources if they are assigned to the same gathering point. It seems some villagers get squeezed between other villagers, preventing them from moving and thus dropping off their resources.

I’ve seen this in both miners and lumberjacks.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Assign a number of villagers to the same resource spot.
  2. Watch until a villager gets stuck (always one in the middle).
  3. Movement continues if the other villagers drop off their resources.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

See this video for an example:

6 Likes

AOE1 and AOE2 still with this problem, kinda shameful

3 Likes

Hello

The vills getting sandwich stuck is very consistent.

Here is my solution approach.

As resource carriers already have different models than resource gatherers there is sort of a conversion going on internally. What if you change the hitbox (or blockbox) of a resource carrier. Lets say a Villager has a hitbox of 0.5 and a carrier has 0.45. As it becomes smaller when it wants to walk off, it does not get sandwiched anymore.

1 Like

Seems worse than ever.

I’m having this issue since the beginning of the game, I usually play with my friends (6 people) and all of us have the exactly same problem. In the early game is crucial to have all villagers working properly but with this bug you could have one or even two not working… It’s very annoying…

Try it with 15 villagers on a single tree, 12 of them will just wait and stare at the tree instead of picking another one ;).

It’s a collision, a bit like in real life, the other villagers block him so he stays where he is.

In the video is just a collision, other villagers blocking one. Happening a lot. However, what is most serious is when the villagers simply gets idle

This issue has not been fixed (build 43210). There have been attempts to improve villager pathing in previous patches, but since the Anniversary patch, trapped villagers and endlessly bouncing villagers are as bad as it’s ever been.