Vills go to wood after returning hunt food

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **GAME BUILD #: 108769
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Vills go to wood after returning hunt food under the town center. This only occurs if you return manually, if you garrison and send back to work they don’t go to wood. Even if you shift click them to return to hunt food they don’t return.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Hunt a boar under the tc
  2. Manually return the food collected
  3. Vills go to wood without being tasked to

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Vills should not go collect wood if not tasked. Stop adding automatic stuff, this is so bad…

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

no picture needed.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

no game needed.

2 Likes

Step 1

Profit

Pedro Pascal GIF - Pedro Pascal - Discover & Share GIFs

@Felizon89 @StepS7578 Revert this patch, OK?

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.43233.0 (108769) 13841609
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When forcing villagers to drop hunt food at a town center or a mill, the villagers do not idle after dropping their hunt food off. Instead, they immediately start chopping wood.

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

1. Task villagers to gather hunt food (deer/boar)
  2. Force villagers to drop off food at town center or mill
    – I do not have certain DLC’s to test this bug with other gathering sites for hunt food, for example the Pole Folwark and the Georgian Mule Cart.

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The villagers should idle after dropping off hunt food.

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

food bug|690x388](upload://2OW9hX2wgiRhpBjgngQ7KfbIlMC.jpeg)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Bug displayed with town center:
###########################################################################################
Bug displayed with mill:

I’ve had the same issue, also with deer.

It’s in the patch notes:

Same problem here… I thought my mouse was broken…

Terrible bug, you loose the game because it with waste time.

Is there an option to turn this function off?

1 Like

It’s a bug not a fonction…

Yes I’m just impressed by your audacity at this point. Maybe one day we will see patch notes saying “Known issue: Game cannot launch”?

“But we said it’s a known issue!”

We are reporting about the manual and old default return of resources and not about the new automatic drop off command…

1 Like

these new drop off mechanics should never have been implemented, as expected of the things that break caused by adding these. we know the devs will not test the game and once broken we might not get a fix until next month

playing like this for like 1-2 month is frustrating to say the least, all to help “newbies”. why dont newbies just manually right click TC to drop off vs left clicking a button? theres almost no difference and this kind of experience is simply not worth it.

2 Likes

Either they don’t know themselves what they’re talking about, or they worded it this way on purpose to be less embarrassed.

This is not entirely fair, the new hotfix was dropped ~13 days after the initial patch. I agree 13 days is still a lot, but definitely not multiple months. (Though, yes they have done that in the past).

This new button isn’t a switch from 2 clicks to one click. It’s from two clicks which forces you to look at your TC to being able to drop of food without ever looking at your TC at all. So you can drop off food, micro your scout and queue new vills without ever looking away from your scout. That’s a massive improvement.

Besides this I do completely agree and it indeed is ridiculous that even after a patch there’s still known issues which expand beyond the scope of the new features. The devs or (if they have them) testers do not (have the time to) do proper testing. This should just be a checklist of stuff you verify…

Happy with a relatively quick patch, very disappointed with the scope of the patch… Two weeks is quite a lot of time.

1 Like

The new automatic drop off command works as intended and can be used as a temporary workaround. I just hope they didn’t do this on purpose to force the use of the new command.

You can be almost 99% sure it’s not to ‘force’ you to use this. They don’t gain anything from people using it. They do however anger people, and get bad press from content creators, so it’s actually actively hurting them.

The drop off feature itself has also already been received well by the majority of content creators (as far as I know) (ofc. besides the bugs it introduced). So, no need to “sell” it further like that. And, on top of that, Age has always released new features with the ability to turn it off from day 1 (or the features were optional anyway (like auto-scouting)) (as far as I know). So I can say with confidence this wasn’t done on purpose.

remember people’s argument, to “help” newbies

3 to 2 clicks is going to help them much. it wont help them if they dont force themselves precising control or adapt to get better in general. without the right attitude its hard to get better.

if they added this to try to get more new players is anothe rstory but helping is far fetched

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.43233.0
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When viligers are asked to drop off resource (Deer, sheep or boar) to tc, instead of going idle after the action, they go to wood in random paths and completely destroy the game. This can be repeated and reproduced every single time.

Also if too many viligers are tasked to one food source under tc and they cannot path to it or fit, they will again run to wood instead of going idle.

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

1. Eat sheep/deer/boar with a bunch of vils under tc, right click to drop
  2. Watch them spread out every where in the universe chopping wood

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
After drop, they should stop and go idle as it has been since 1999.

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I have the same problem.
I will sens file today

1 Like

Video attached

2 Likes