Visible triangular meshes

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 30181
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Since the last update, units no longer appear smooth and triangular meshes become visible.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:

The easiest way to reproduce the issue is to use the scenario editor. To make the meshes more visible one can turn the resolution to the highest possible.

Put down a unit (e.g. flail elephant) and observe the units. One can try to place the unit on a hill (which can be also) produced using the scenario editor to make the details more visible.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The units should appear somewhat realistic, as shown in this poster

IIRC, this had not been an issue before the last update. One can also see that the unit in the posters does not suffer from this issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

This is what units actually look like in the current version:

A comparison to the poster and (I think) previous versions

1 Like

these weird triangle meshes also appear in some terrain.

Hi guys, thank you both for pointing this out. We’re currently already aware of this issue :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In the newest version, this is not fixed for me. I just want to make sure that this is still being tracked and is not an issue with my graphics card.

I downpatched and compared the current shader and the old shader. Night and day difference! Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
Old, correct version:

Current, incorrect version:

As of June 2022, the problem still exists, the sharp edges are visible (e.g. on deer) with 1900x1440 resolution with the highest zoom with the highest zoom level.

Will this ever be fixed?

Did they forget to set the elephants butt to shade smooth?

elephants butt are like that in reality as well