🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - December 14

It is about skill. There is no skill involved if the players get to choose the conditions.

I’ve come to despise lobbies with ‘random civ’ only.
I would hate it even more if ranked became that way as well.

Picking civ is a great boon to the playerbase.

The best thing I could do for you is to lock-in the chosen civ just like the map stars/bans at the start of queuing.

1 Like

Which works well for you, because you just pick Teutons, lock it in, and don’t worry about it. Correct? To be honest though, it could actually work at least to some extent, because then people have to try and pick the civ best suited to the map pool as a whole, rather than just the map they play.

2 Likes

Pretty much, but I also experiment with other civs - my play-style is suited for every single civ, so regardless of what civ I get, my play style is the same with differences based on intended army comp in imperial, but not much.

I also agree with that. Player pick civ before the map is determined. Allowing picking civ best suited for each map is not good for the game. Ideally, all civ have to be compete in every map without a few really unbalanced map.

Aztec still have good eco, faster production ship and nearly all castle age dock tech though. It is hard but not that terrible. Aztec production speed bonus can be increased to 15 percent for navy again to compete in water map.

1 Like