🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - December 14

It’s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
Example_1 Example_2 Example_3 Example_4
ARABIA ARENA RUNESTONES TEAM ISLANDS

Now it’s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that you’d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool next week!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2021-12-12T20:00:00Z

:arrows_counterclockwise: NEW MAP ROTATION: December 14

VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Don’t forget to click the ‘Vote now!’ button at the bottom of the post once you’ve locked in your choices.

• Choice_1 Continental
  • Choice_2 Enclosed
  • Choice_3 Golden Pit
  • Choice_4 Hamburger
  • Choice_5 Hideout
  • Choice_6 Land Madness
  • Choice_7 Land Nomad
  • Choice_8 Marketplace
  • Choice_9 Scandinavia

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this week’s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

1 Like

No megarandom 🥲
Those maps so boring

2 Likes

Me again and again.

The voting of the maps has to be integrated into the game. Since most of the players do not participate in the vote.

14 Likes

aww, no love for Hamburger

3 Likes

Continental is the classic map from original aoe2 and I think this map deserve more love.
It is hybrid map with many water chock point, narrow passages which can lead interesting gameplay. I hope this map getting more love.

2 Likes

This!!

I wonder why they haven’t implemented this!

1 Like

100% agree. I never understood why the classic hybrid maps (cf. coastal or highland) fell out of favor. Granted, they may not always be 100% fair (so perhaps not ideal for tournaments), but for ranked this shouldn’t matter a lot.

3 Likes

i love hamburger, got my vote!

agree, comment for upvote and attention

3 days left to push land madness in front of nomad

1 Like

not 3 days, only a few hours ! vote closes 2 days before the new map pool comes.

1 Like

3 days? Voting ends today.

I totally agree. This should be an in-game feature. My friends always foget to vote…

1 Like

Just gotta laugh that land madness beat nomad followed by nomad players removing hide-out from their vote (which was either no.1 or no.2) just so they could keep nomad.

Looks like we have another insta-ban in the pool.(nomad) which is an entirely seperate game-mode from the regular standard start the ranked 1 vs 1 random map(not random start) queue is based on.

The average player who plays 1 vs 1 ranked random map practices based on the standard start and thus their elo is reflected on that start. Vs a player who plays nomad or even just moderately practices it vs a player who doesn’t care for it that elo means nothing.

And that is why it belongs in the ranked lobby system or in a seperate queue altogether, and that’s also why it’s an insta-ban which wastes bans which is why we have people calling for unlimited map bans(bad idea) because we have entirely seperate game-modes cluttering the ranked random map 1 vs 1 and team-game ranked queues.

Because they can often take hours to finish, especially highland. People don’t have the time or patience to be playing hours long 1v1 games. Usually.

Sad, but probably true. We should be able to have fun maps in the pool without worrying about games going 45 mins instead of 30. I don’t recall Coastal being that much different from Mediterranean and that one ends up in ranked sometimes. It’s not like we’re pushing for ranked Michi.

To be honest, I wouldn’t be terribly broken hearted if I had to play a random weird game like Michi once a year or something. I normally ban that kind of stuff, and it’s not something I would ever choose to play, but it can still be fun, in the right circumstances.

1 Like

I still advocate for no pool and no bans. Don’t let players select maps OR civs. THIS is how any real ‘ranked’ system should work.

Rank players based on luck? That doesn’t sound like a good system at all. Try winning a game as Aztecs vs Italians on islands. Choosing a civ that can succeed at a given map is part of the strategy, that’s why it is a major element of tournaments.

1 Like