šŸ—³ VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - February 22

Why is there not a completely random map setting?

2 Likes

If people really cared Iā€™m sure they could take 5 minutes to make an account and vote. Itā€™s quite sad if they canā€™t.

on one hand i agree with what youā€™re saying. on the other hand, i do believe moving the vote in game would definitely help reach more people.

1 Like

I have a question to the devs. Are there maps that are never voted in?
Probably it would be better if players only can vote for 2 maps and the last one is also a devs pick for ā€œunpopularā€ maps to at least give them a chance.

But I am just happy rhat runestones is in again as devsā€™ pick. I hope we will continue to have at least one versatile map pick. Besides I still not understand why Arabia was changedā€¦

1 Like

This map pool is horrendousā€¦ By the time the votingā€™s done all weā€™re going to have is 1 map thatā€™s even remotely closed.

1 Like

Thatā€™s kind of the point of 1v1 though. if you want long, drawn out grindy games, thatā€™s where team games shine. maps like amazon tunnel and black forest arenā€™t well liked in a 1v1 setting.

Well, I donā€™t know if they improved anything, but it was quite the hassle for me to make an account on this forum. I eventually had to email support. I heard that @WoodsierCorn696 had issues registering here, too (and when he did, he got a randomly generated name without knowing why).

No but maps like hill fort are actually interesting to have in the map pool. The way it turns out weā€™re going to have 4 open field maps at LEAST. The only thing people who like more closed maps have for an option is arena, and then if someone bans that then youā€™re most likely going to be forced to play a map that you didnā€™t want to play on in the first place. Thatā€™s not good at all for the game either, and encourages people to either alt+f4, or block people they know have closed maps banned. At least in previous pools you had some hybrid maps, but here the only one that weā€™ll get looks like itā€™ll be Four Lakes.

uh, nomad ring a bell to you? plays more like a hybrid map then any other map type.

Yeah of course. But it is still so simple to make an account here. So if you havenā€™t made an account here to vote in over two years, there is not an excuse :thinking: ?
The first few months, sure. But by now, no.

While I agree that map like Black Forest and Amazon tunnel are not suitable for 1v1, map like Hideout, Hill fort or Mongolia are not that extreme to go long, drawn out game and suitable for 1v1. Map pool should serve diversity as well. Map pool full of Arabia or Arabia clone is kind of boring and repetitive. I think Map pool should contain at least 1 full water map, 1 hybrid map, 1 semi-closed map like hideout. I am fine withe Arabia-Runestone, but not with Arabia-Runestone-Cenotes like current map pool.

I feel ya bro. Two map rotations in a row without water maps. Not playing ranked this time eitherā€¦

Are you on drogs buddy ? dude, what are you talking about.

Imagine all the people
Voting for the maps in game
You

You may say Iā€™m a dreamer
But Iā€™m not the only one
I hope someday youā€™ll make it
And the world will be vote for water maps

What is drogs???

I think he means drugs. Not sure how he reached that conclusion though.

1 Like

Socotra was a good dev pick, a good map for 1v1.

1 Like

Yeah, getting an account on this forum was a terrible experience. So having the poll here is a terrible decision from the devs. I much rather have the poll ingame. The number of votes will be a lot higher if it is ingame. I am pretty sure about that.

No it isnt easy. I havent had issues anywhere else except here. And i am pretty sure many players dont really want to make an accounts for voting only. So they just dont vote, while they will vote if the poll is ingame.

You can also add rules like you can only vote if you also play ranked. Stuff like that. I have heard people voting on terrible maps, because they enjoy watching other people play on terrible maps. These people didnt even play ranked games.

3 Likes