🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - February 22

It’s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
Example_1 Example_2 Example_3 Example_4
ARABIA ARENA RUNESTONES SOCOTRA

Now it’s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that you’d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool next week!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2022-02-20T20:00:00Z

:arrows_counterclockwise: NEW MAP ROTATION: February 22

VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Don’t forget to click the ‘Vote now!’ button at the bottom of the post once you’ve locked in your choices.

• Choice_1 Budapest
  • Choice_2 Fortress
  • Choice_3 Four Lakes
  • Choice_4 Golden Pit
  • Choice_5 Haboob
  • Choice_6 Hamburger
  • Choice_7 Lowland
  • Choice_8 Marketplace
  • Choice_9 Nomad

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this week’s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

3 Likes

It’s a bit sad that there is not a single water map, neither among the dev picks nor among the options to vote for.

10 Likes

Hamburger and Nomad are there. But Hamburger never makes it into top 3, which leaves us with Nomad as the only water map.

2 Likes

Socotra has lots of water. :wink: :wink: :joy:

5 Likes

Jokes aside the person responsible for dev picks might think just so, unaware of inaccessibility of water on Socotra

1 Like

Both (+Four lakes) are hybrid maps.

(Team) Islands, Archipelago, as well as Migration and Baltic (both in 1v1) are water maps. They allow you to dominate (and win) the game with water control, whereas on hybrid maps the water is primarily important early on because of the fish, but long-term the game is decided on land.

Good. Water fights are clunky and boring anyway. Urgently needs radical reform.

Ranged land units should be able to fire from the decks of transport ships. Then water might actually be cool.

1 Like

Pacific islands is the most fun water map imo.

No water map in the dev’s choice in two rotations in a row. Sad. Even no option for vote water map except Nomad, Hamburger. Hamburger never make it to top3 and leave only Nomad as water map.
( 4Lake isn’t water map. It doesn’t really have water fight and just Arabia with fish boom, more unbalanced than most water map that Lithuanians are too OP.)

1 Like

Unfortunately, I really would like to see hamburger in ranked. I think it’s a great map with a lot of interesting matchups and strategies.

1 Like

I agree. Hamburger in the ranked pool in more than 1 year ago. And never be back. It is quite unique style
Map of many interesting strategy possible.

Just similar style maps are voted in every rotation. Sad.

5 Likes

Two arabias on devs pick seems unbalanced

Hamburguer should be in pool someday. Interesting map with a lot of possible strategies

3 Likes

Anytime Nomad is in the voting pool, it always wins, 1v1 or Team game. It should be a permanent map.

4 Likes

I’ll be shocked if it’s not nomad, golden pit, four lakes. More of the same.

zzzZZz the votes on nomad doesn’t represent the active MP community, the playrate of such map is really low, will if you are reading this and you are still paying attention to numbers, please put an end to such antidemocratic system, a system with poor participation ain’t democracy but oligarchy.

1 Like

You make it sound like democracy was a good thing.

2 Likes

I don’t think oligarchy is the right term. Oligarchy is like a dictatorship with a group in control, instead of one person. No voting really of any kind. This is somewhat democratic, it just needs to be improved by letting voting move in game.

That group in control happens to vote in every single map pool for the same maps, they are in fact a small group in the power ruling while the rest of the players are unable to participate cause the system is restrictive to this site.

They might not rule by military force but they do rule using this system created to empower minorities, i don’t know you but this system of babysitting us is quite boring, the players should choose their own maps to play ranked and avoid those that they don’t want.

Voting in game is not gonna change anything, that is just extra work for the devs that might add issues to us, like lag in the menus, crashes followed by punishments, also the guy choosing the maps must be really tired, it is not like we need someone else to tell us what to play.

You are wrong. Nomad has a high play rate when it is in the map pool.