🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - February 8

Imagine if we add voting in game?
Is easy if you try.
No one misses the chance
More insight to provide.

Imagine all the people
Votin’ for the maps

1 Like

Don’t just try and make people vote for your preferred maps. I don’t want Fortress, see my post above about RF. I would rather play water nomad. I know you only like doing one thing, but would it really hurt you to try something new? Forget your build, play a new map, try being aggressive, change your style, see what happens.

2 Likes

I don’t want fortress either, but it’s at least close to the standard start game-mode. Nomad on the other hand is an entirely different game mode. I would be happy with mega random if it retained the standard start 100% of the time; No animal scouts, no nomad and, certainly, no double tc starts.

Different I’m happy with, entirely different game-modes is a hard no within the standard start queue.

All that being said, I would play nomad if it were its own ranked lobby or a part of a chaotic secondary queue that also contains regicide, empire wars, etc. Because that is what I would queue for at such a time, as is nomad and mega random are instant bans because they are in the wrong queue. Not Because they are different maps, but because they are entirely different game-modes.

Mega random with the standard start I would very much desire as a permanent part of the standard start queue.

I actually enjoy playing them. It’s good to learn something new, random, and interesting, often on the fly. I don’t think they need to be a seperate queue.

I love to learn different game modes too; they’re fun to play - however in terms of having elo based off of them in a queue where they do not belong is a disastrous situation to put them in and is a disservice to both standard start players and nomad players alike.

I like nomad, I like mega random -
I do not believe they are served well in this current queue, and in terms of mega random, it lacks the standard start that would make it a welcome permanent addition to the standard start queue.

Currently one who practices even every type of standard start map available, let’s say they reach 1300 elo with it, but then they are thrust into a nomad mode they that they do not know or don’t practice often and their elo that’s worth 1300 suddenly becomes worth, say 900-1100 vs an opponent that more than likely starred that game mode and actually practices it often because they know they can get an easy win off of opponents that don’t know how to boom or prepare properly on that particular game-mode setting - in this case the 1300 elo player’s rating is practically worth nothing - and that’s the disservice to both parties and the different game modes that deserve their own ranked lobby settings and perhaps a chaotic fun multi-mode party queue.
@TheConqueror753

You know that if you reply to my comment I get a notification right? You don’t have to ping me with my name. Also, I personally un-ban all the maps, and don’t have any stars. Sure, I dropped elo, and I basically became a nomad main, but I enjoyed the games, I think I could now play nomad fairly well, and I never have to worry about the other player quitting due to map. You don’t have to have the standard start for a map to be acceptable.

2 Likes

I pinged you because I added to the comment after posting it, thus adding the ping just in case you already read the original post and may have missed the new bits. I do this from time to time just in case, not all the time. It’s to save me from posting with multiple replies.

@HealFortress You do not need to spam your opinion always and everywhere.

Also, I disagree. As an example, from my perspective Nomad and Coastal are more similar to each other than either is to Land Nomad (another map with a Nomad start) or Arena (another map with a ‘standard’ start).

6 Likes

Nomad has maps made for it, mainly due to it being harder to set up into different maps that aren’t specifically tailored for the game-mode’s setting.
It’s as different a game mode as death match is to the standard start. Or as a better example, it’s as different as empire wars is to the standard start.

And what does coastal start out with?

All nomad starts are part of the nomad game mode regardless of map setting, and adaptation is well and able to be had based on surroundings alone.

All standard start maps are part of the standard start game mode regardless of map setting.

I could care less if it’s open, closed, surrounded by water, forced to move to another island early on to account for limited resources or to ensure future investment, all of it is part of the standard start game mode regardless of surroundings as long as the basics endure; 1 town center, 3 vills+civ bonuses, 1 normal/eagle scout, with or without walls of some-kind and perhaps even some towers if the map allows within reason.

Variations of maps that force adaption should come from the surroundings of the standard start, not from forcibly adding entirely different game modes to the queue.

We adapt based on surroundings, be it arabia, runestones, 4 lakes, islands, team islands, arena, black forest, greenland, italy, and many more. How you adapt based on your surroundings matters and is a much better and sincerely stable factor to base elo on. Elo must never be based on one game mode and then turned to meaning nothing by pushing in another within the same queue without reason; It wouldn’t be a serious rating if it were one game mode most of the time followed by adding in entirely different game modes to the same rating queue to ‘spice things up’. It just doesn’t make sense. Spice it up with different maps under the same game mode not by adding in different game modes in a singular queue they clearly don’t belong in; it’s like saying your standard start queue rating is suddenly your basis of where you are in death match or empire wars for a month before returning to the standard start in the next map rotation.
It does not make reasonable sense to me.
@Mercy9545

I don’t really see how it is a problem when you think about it. Maybe you can’t play it, but you don’t have to try and force your view on others. More importantly, if you think it is that bad, it actually really is skill based in a lot of cases. Remember, you and your opponent are both equally disadvantaged, if that is how you choose to see it.

1 Like

I would play ranked nomad from time to time, but never with elo based on standard play.

The elo does not trade 1:1

And if I’m forced to play nomad against someone who actually practices it often, I will more than likely lose 100% of the time because the actual nomad elo difference is too high and not listed.

I have a general idea how to play it, I am not however a regular player of the game mode nomad, so I do not have a proper elo based on it.
If I were to guess, my current nomad elo is around 900 elo. Where as my standard elo varies within the 1100’s to just above 1200. Against someone who actually practices/mains nomad and gains an elo of, say, 1200, I will lose 100% of the time, much like how I defeat 1100’s with ease and find an equal challenge somewhere between 1170-1236 in standard play; however against a nomad player of 1200 elo, I will lose as if I were only 900 elo.

so practice what you are weak at and get better at it, instead of just complaining about it and trying to force it to be removed from the game, despite the very obvious popularity it has with the fan base.

Do you realize how it comes across when you, who are in the mass minority on this, are trying to enforce your will on others who are in the majority?

1 Like

Nomad is popular as a separate game mode.
It is not only just a different map and never has been.

That’s like saying death match is popular so its elo shouldn’t exist and the game mode should be placed in the same exact queue as standard play without care for if standard players, which are not the minority, in both the cases of nomad and death match vs standard starts, have proper elo to translate 1:1 in both modes with their standard play elo alone.

Answer: the elo for different game modes should never be based on one elo.

I’m not removing it from the game; I’m pushing it into being placed in a proper environment so it doesn’t ruin standard start random map(not random game-mode) queues. Also so it doesn’t ruin itself, be it nomad or death match, from being banned so heavily due to being in the wrong queue.

again, it’s not a seperate game mode, if it was, it wouldn’t be in the map pool.

clearly the majority disagree with you on this, seeing as nomad is pretty much voted into the map pool every time its available and we don’t see a flood of people on the forums asking for nomad to be its own seperate game mode.

as you see it anyway, and you’re in the mass minority on this. clearly most disagree with you. and many are starting to get annoyed with your complaints about it, just as examples

just two examples.

nomad has much in common with hybrid and water based maps, but i don’t see you asking to remove those from the map pool. by your logic you should be arguing for that as well.

1 Like

The more people that actually vote the less chance nomad seems to have to be even close to being wanted in the standard starts 1 v 1 queue.

Often it’s beaten by even socotra.

By my logic, what the maps consist of, what the maps surround you with, matters not; What you start with does matter. It could be forest nothing and you start with the standard start and I would consider it fair game.

Anything without the standard start is a different game mode entirely; Anything with the standard start is worthy of the standard start queue regardless of surroundings or however similar it may become to other ‘modes’’ map types.

As for examples of some people against me, they exist, however there are also examples of people agreeing with my opinion that you clearly choose to ignore.

Furthermore, age of empires 1 disagrees with you about nomad being just another map. And age of empires 2 only has it in a random map script specifically catered to it because it was unable to be added properly with just a click of a button like death match and regicide, etc. On top of that each random map script that contains it, aside from the current mega random(which is a disservice to mega random on top of its other non-standard start faults) contains within the name ‘nomad’. Gee, I wonder why; it’s almost like it had to be labeled so players knew it was part of the nomad game mode rather than the usual standard starts game mode that the majority of random map scripts consist of. The closest we have to that is the map fortress that is practically tailored for regicide, yet regicide was properly added to the button that adds in regicide to random map scripts upon the user’s choice so fortress doesn’t need to be labeled regicide fortress.(however would be better off if the devs change it to a standard start vill numbers -castle normally and return it to regicide numbers +castle when regicide is selected)

In other words, just because a game mode requires a random map to be specifically made for it to exist, that does not make it part of the standard starts random map script queue proper.

(Steppe being a new map with nomad without nomad in the name, but it also retains the nomad start picture feet which serve as the alternative marker for the random map script being nomad oriented)

@MatCauthon3

La carte gagnante semble toujours ĂȘtre les variantes Arabia/Arena. Tellement ennuyeux.

1 Like

ce serait bien pour plus de cartes d’eau ou d’avoir des cartes qui contiennent des poissons en gĂ©nĂ©ral, qu’ils soient principalement terrestres ou non.

les pierres runiques sont meilleures que l’arabie à mes yeux.

J’aimerais que le Groenland soit l’une des cartes que nous pourrions jouer.

Le jeu a tellement de cartes sympas. Pourquoi devrait-il ĂȘtre verrouillĂ© Ă  7 trĂšs similaire.

J’ai votĂ© pour « nomade de l’eau », « forĂȘt cĂŽtiĂšre », « Groenland ».

1 Like

Je suis d’accord, ce serait formidable de voter dans le jeu parmi tous les scripts de carte de dĂ©marrage standard disponibles afin que plus de cartes puissent ĂȘtre choisies et que plus de personnes votent.