šŸ—³ VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - February 8

Itā€™s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
Example_1 Example_2 Example_3 Example_4
ACROPOLIS ARABIA ARENA MEGARANDOM

Now itā€™s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that youā€™d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool next week!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2022-02-06T20:00:00Z

:arrows_counterclockwise: NEW MAP ROTATION: February 8th

VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Donā€™t forget to click the ā€˜Vote now!ā€™ button at the bottom of the post once youā€™ve locked in your choices.

• Choice_1 Cenotes
  • Choice_2 Coastal Forest
  • Choice_3 Eruption
  • Choice_4 Fortress
  • Choice_5 Frigid Lake
  • Choice_6 Greenland
  • Choice_7 Oasis
  • Choice_8 Runestones
  • Choice_9 Water Nomad

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this weekā€™s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

2 Likes

Final hour stretch - runestones, Cenotes and Fortress

3 Likes

runestones best arabia stlye map!

4 Likes

Why is Fortress so popular? Itā€™s not a very good map typically if it isnā€™t regicide fortress.

4 Likes

At least we get new Runestones! Thatā€™s the only important thing.
Finally a versatile map in the pool.

2 Likes

I suppose. Of course you still have to get matched on it, which for a player like me, with no bans/stars means Iā€™m either going to end up as a runestones main, or not play a single game of it. :joy:

yeah this is why I criticize the devsā€™ decision to change arabia but make runestones the ā€œnewā€ arabia. I know there are a lot of people that just play arabia of ā€œhabitā€ all the time. They donā€™t even think about it, they favor arabia cause it is called ā€œArabiaā€, not actually because they like the map.
And tbh the name ā€œRunestonesā€ might confuse a lot of players aswell. Some might just ban that map only because of itā€™s name.

Seriously we will play three identical maps in the same pool? (Arabia-Runestones-Cenotes)

3 Likes

almost like people enjoy open landmaps

1 Like

I think Cenotes is better than runestone for closed-style Arabia. But runestone after patch is also Okay-ish.
No full water map for devā€™s pick is sad for diversity. Hope water nomad can make it.

3 Likes

Still better than the island or forest prison alternatives.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what you like, but this discussion is not subjetive, is the map-pool of a competitive game, it must be balanced in different types of maps, for example: two open-land maps, two closed-land, two water maps, two hybrids.

Itā€™s not a serious ranking if you can raise the elo by playing only one type of map

4 Likes

Indeed. I was hoping for the good old ordinary Islands for this rotation (or at least Baltic/Mediterranean, both of which we didnā€™t have for ages), butā€¦ well, it is what it is.

Cenotes and Runestones are basically the same, wall and drush fc. There is very little strategy involved in playing these maps. People donā€™t like the current Arabia, basically because it takes them out of their comfort zone, and they canā€™t execute the same repetitive strategy over and over again. I am fine with runestones, but not with runenstones + cenotes, its the same map.

6 Likes

Did you take a look at the same map? After the changes itā€™s more of a closed map than an open one. Super easy to wall and probably gonna best fc every game. I loaded like 10 gens and I got basically the same map every game. Just if gold or stone is in the back or in front varies. Other than that usually 4 woodlines kinda close to tc and arranged in similar way. I mean I personally donā€™t mind but that has very little to do with arabia.

TBH I didnā€™t loaded the map, I just thought they made it comparable to the old arabia gen.

Not really. Iā€™d say the arabia from 2 or so patches ago is like in the middle of current runestones and current arabia. But at least now we have an open and a closed arabia version.

But then no versatile arabia againā€¦ i donā€™t get it, is it too hard to understand that there are players who like to have versatile maps where lot of different strats are viable?

Edit: Just had a look on runestones. Donā€™t think it is too closed.
I think that gen is fine. Ofc we still face the prob with drush FC have become too strong in general, but thatā€™s not the fault of the map but the general game design. The castle age powerspike is too big and drush just delays long enough for feudal agression not having enough time to pay of.

But this needs to be adressed with reducing the castle age powerspike a bit, itā€™s not the fault of the map design.

1 Like

Looks like runestones, cenotes and fortress will be the maps to switch votes to, push nomad out.