šŸ—³ VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - January 12

With a new year, comes another new Map Pool. Vote now for the the first Ranked Map Rotations of 2021! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
ARABIA ARENA STEPPE TEAM ISLANDS

Now itā€™s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that youā€™d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool on January 12!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2021-01-10T20:00:00Z

:white_check_mark: NEW MAP ROTATION: January 12

COMMUNITY VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Donā€™t forget to click the ā€˜Vote now!ā€™ button at the bottom of the post once youā€™ve locked in your choices.

• Cenotes
  • Golden Swamp
  • Hideout
  • Kilimanjaro
  • Mediterranean
  • MegaRandom
  • Nomad
  • Valley
  • Yucatan

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this weekā€™s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

6 Likes

First New year map pool rotation!
I like Hideout

Needs some Socotra, and maybe Land Madness.

Hideout is a really unique experience.

only 731 people did choose all users preference haha
weekly and monthly vote are really good systems?

I donā€™t understand. use whole map list. and allow people to choose what they want
and then match

-> NO dodge + No complaint

I Think AOE2 DE team are from amateur team, They just used Genie Edior. Thatā€™s it.
So They donā€™t know what other professional game delevelopteam do

and BBQ man listen

U did write this thread only 2days ago and finish today.
only 3days is really reasonable?

AOE2DE team please make new matchmaking system^^ ASAP

These kinds of stupid vote canā€™t be permanent system

1 Like

Finally a chance for 1v1 Nomad

1 Like

Has this ever been in the pool?

Im happy for it but expecting alt F4ā€¦ Its just to random and therefore highly susceptible to imbalance thus map dodging

In the same way almost everyone will alt F4 or ban islandsā€¦

Donā€™t think so, itā€™s not in the standard in-game map pack.

Probably because more than 75% of the game are played on arabia/arena and people have little interest in choosing between other maps

Probably because not many users are here at this forum, but do play the game.

Make the voting ingame and i am pretty sure you will see an increase of votes.

1 Like

I cant stand the fact that MegaRandom consistantly gets 4th place (sometimes 5th), so it is never chosen, despite being overall a very liked map, just not enough compared to open land maps.

It is stupid to kill a whole playstyle this way. There is always at least 1 open land map (arabia), 1 closed land map (arena), and usually at least 1 water map chosen by the devs, then voters just add more of those maps, instead of letting other playstyles a chance to have at least 1 map to play. In this pool we have: 2 closed land maps, 3 open land maps, 1 hybrid and 1 water. 0 super aggressive maps(like socotra), 0 random maps (like megrandom). People who like these playstyles simply cant play ranked. and dont say ā€œjust play unrankedā€ coz its not nearly the same experience and balanced fights.

Just increase the number of maps at least a bit, and consistently have at least 1 map for each playstyle. some map pools dont even have water maps for water lovers, and we have never seen a random-style map other than this normalized version of MegaRandom.

2 Likes