🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - January 25

It’s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
Example_1 Example_2 Example_3 Example_4
AFRICAN CLEARING ARABIA ARCHIPELAGO ARENA

Now it’s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that you’d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool next week!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2022-01-23T20:00:00Z

:arrows_counterclockwise: NEW MAP ROTATION: January 25

VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Don’t forget to click the ‘Vote now!’ button at the bottom of the post once you’ve locked in your choices.

• Choice_1 Acropolis
  • Choice_2 Gold Rush
  • Choice_3 Hill Fort
  • Choice_4 Mediterranean
  • Choice_5 Nile Delta
  • Choice_6 Sacred Springs
  • Choice_7 Volcanic Island
  • Choice_8 Wade
  • Choice_9 Yucatan

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this week’s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

2 Likes

I like this selection.
But I don’t like we still don’t get back the real versatile arabia.

And even if there are now some somewhat more versatile maps in the selection, this is no full compensation for the real deal.

3 Likes

Well, after the excellent current map pool, it looks a bit bleak for next rotation, especially given the current leaders in the poll.
Most of the empire wars maps seem to be designed around that game mode, they aren’t so much fun for the normal RM start (remember Aftermath)…

2 Likes

This map pool is Sadge

Hi there! Socotra is so fun! I would love to have this map always in the map rotation. Greetings from México!

4 Likes

Why Archipelago? It’s just islands but worse. Also why are we rotating again? The last rotation was god awful and it lasted nearly a month, why is the current pool (which is absolutely amazing) being switched out after only a week?

1 Like

yea they better give us back altf4 if this is the pool they are forcing on us. i need atleast 3 closed land maps otherwise i cant even bother playing. we realy need some sort of solution be it altf4 infinite map bans ranked lobbies or an arena que

1 Like

Just free the whole map list and calculate de ELO by map… and an Average ELO from all maps

I actually find that Aftermath made for some bizarre strategies and required out of the box thinking in RM. You could go forward instantly with a scout ignoring your own sheep to get control of the zones, or even send one of your villagers in to help. You could even eventually try walling them off, or you could just ignore them entirely and go full boom. Fighting for control and potentially winning it led to having the ability for more unorthodox strategies as well that would be way too risky in a normal open map. It had a lot of different build potential, unlike Arabia, where I feel like I’m forced into one of the same 4 meta builds if I even want to have a chance, which gets absolutely boring. With these meta maps it feels like I’m sacrificing fun just to remain at an elo where I belong.

2 Likes

Unfortunately lith were OP on that map, cause the trade workshops are too strong in the early game.

2 Likes

I am sad that the current map pool will be switched out, but it will be after 2 weeks, which is the standard time period between map rotations.

Why do you think Archipelago is worse than islands? The difference is that in Archipelago, you are sometimes connected by land. That can be interesting, right?

In theory? Yes, it seems more interesting than islands, but in practice it’s just awful when you spawn on one island. Over half the map is water and if you get attacked you have nowhere to run, you’re locked into a pushing match that has very little variance than if you were to just play a land map, but now you’ve got nowhere to go or really expand to if you start having to go on the defensive. You can’t really run or expand on islands either, but at least on islands you have a little bit of security in that your opponent has to actually drop onto your island and be allowed to get a threshold there before you get to that point, which is usually more difficult and in my eyes requires more skill.

Arabia - ban, Gold Rush - ban, African Clearing - ban.
Archipelago - fav

Too bad for Hill Fort and Nile Delta :frowning:

2 Likes

Not the best map pool like current map pool, but I think it is quite balanced map pool.
1 nomad style map, 1 water map, 1 gold center map, 2 semi-open(or semi closed) map outside of Arabia/Arena.
I am glad to see Yucatan included in the pool. It is actually semi-closed map with lot of woodbine and lot of huntable/herdable. This map suited for the players who like boom-style game but also don’t like Arena. Civ like Mongols/Britons can be too strong in that map but some other map also have that kind of problem, so it is not a big issue.

I also quite surprised to see that Yucatan/Wade actually beat Acropolis. It means community become tired of too-open Arabia and other open map-only map pool and prefer more closed map?

hi Me again and again.

The voting of the maps has to be integrated into the game. Since most of the players do not participate in the vote.

4 Likes

What happened to Four Lakes? Did I miss something?

IMO
Four Lakes, Socotra and MegaRandom should be permanent maps in the pool
And I’m up to a crazy MegaRandom, it’s where the true RM games shine

Only if mega random retains the standard start rather than double tcs, animal scouts and nomad non-standard modes.

IMO the good thing about MegaRandom is that you can’t prepare for it, no matter what civ you choose

5 Likes