🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - March 09!

It’s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
ARABIA ARENA MEGARANDOM MIGRATION

Now it’s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that you’d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool on March 09!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2021-03-07T20:00:00Z

:white_check_mark: NEW MAP ROTATION: March 9

COMMUNITY VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Don’t forget to click the ‘Vote now!’ button at the bottom of the post once you’ve locked in your choices.

• Alpine Lakes
  • Bogland
  • Golden Pit
  • Hideout
  • Mongolia
  • Nomad
  • Scandinavia
  • Serengeti
  • Valley

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this week’s poll!

8 Likes

We have to play Migration and can’t even vote for Atacama or 4Lakes? What madness is this? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Hopefully we can get some love for nomad again. I havent seen that map into the map pool for a long time.

6 Likes

I think since you changed Golden pit and gold rush in open map, it became soo no-sense.

2 Likes

yeah this new pool map is awful

6 Likes

love this map pool, sad to see Mongolia on last place again, but people really seem to hate cliffs.

1 Like

theres always a water map to appeal to that minority
 there’s open maps that fulfil the requirements for atacama though
 reckon the devs are encouraging diversity while still ticking the boxes

Well. We have one slot for Water map, and Atacama included in the map pool three times in a row (Yes. I am a minority that don’t like Atacama). And we need slot to include other popular map such as Hideout and Megarandom (4th place in the latest map pool vote).
I doubt that Migration is really good 1v1 water map though. Mediterranean/Baltic or Bog Island would be much better.

1 Like

I like the maps. Valley, golden pit, hideout, serangetti are all good.
People should try alpine lakes again, it has improved a lot. Had it in a tourney pool recently and had some great games on it. Don’t like Boglands (or ravines for that matter) or migration (there are better water maps) but the rest is good. Better than this past rotation I think. Thanks, well done

1 Like

Better increase the pool size. Preferably 9.

Arabia, Arena, Nomad and Megarandom always available. 2 dev picks. 3 picked by community.

3 Likes

Nomad is my favorite map and I wish it was a permanent feature of the map pool like Arena and Arabia. It makes sense to always have arabia, arena, a water map, and a nomad start map as the four permanent features. Kinda frustrating when an entire starting format is eliminated for weeks at a time.

6 Likes

Definitely agree with you here. Might cause controversy with some bits of the community to have so many maps with people complaining about map dodgers that just disconnect when they can’t play their precious arabia

2 Likes

Earlier I aldo played 1vs1 Arabia Franks. Felt this monotonous after 10 games. I now play 2vs2 everything.

With this mappool, we will have more 1v1 map dodgers.

plizzz vote for mongolia !! it’s so fun i promess u won’t regret !!!

1 Like

I gotta be honest. As a player who only enjoy playing a handfull of maps. This map rotation is really taking the fun out of the game for me. The fact that whether i have fun playing the game for 2 weeks in a row is solely dictated by what maps there is to play in the pool feels so sad. Sure as a Nomad-Lover the next 2 weeks is looking good for teamgames, and the fact that Nomad might also be in 1 v 1 pool is even better. But the fact that this weeks map pool is great for my taste does not change the overall problem.

I once again make a plea for the system to change. The system right now is in my opinion floored. I caters towards the majority by votes which gives os the same maps over and over again when they are in the voting mappool. I propose removing the limitations on the maps. Both in the number in the pool and the amount of bans. Giving people more maps to choose from and the option to ban all but one map gives people the choice to play what is most fun for them and therefore better options to enjoy the game.

I understand that this could become a problem with competitive integrity if people at the top of the ladder only plays one “niche” map all the time. So i agree that limitations on top level player, i dont know the number maybe top 200 is needed and im fine with that for the purpose of keeping the competitive integrity.

Another options is remaking the casual mode. I dont see why there need to be any restrictions in that mode. Why not let me freely choose what maps i wanna play, from all the maps available. It could play random with all the maps in the game for variety or let me ban all but on map. Sure i get that i should be ready for the queue to take some time, but that really should be my choice if i enjoy the game more like that. What we have right now is a casual mode, which is completely the same as ranked and really have no purpose at alle.

This was my bi weekly rant. See y’all around.

1 Like

Bring back African Clearing for 1v1

This suggestion works for a lobby, which we still have, but not for match making. Just to highlight some of the issues with unlimited maps and unlimited bans:

Unlimited maps: Only some maps will be played. We already have seen this in the past in the lobby. Most games were played on Arabia, Arena, Black Forest or Nomad. Other maps didnt really get any love, while there where people that want to play these maps. They just couldnt find a enemy, since almost everyone was forced to play those 4 maps.

Unlimited bans: This will pretty much increase the waiting time for almost everyone. For some maps the difference will be less noticeable, but on other maps, this will pretty much killing the pick rate of such map and thus killing all variaty. I see it as a blessing to the game that we now have much more different maps to play on. For me this is much more fun compare to Voobly, where almost everyone was just a 1 map player only. I dont want back to that situation.

I do agree with you that we do need some more love for Nomad. It was one of the 4 maps with a large player base before DE, but DE kind of killed Nomad. I would suggest adding Nomad to the list of Arabia and Arena in 1v1, so we always have this map. To end up with an uneven number of maps, add also another dev pick or player base pick. I also suggest adding Nomad to the TG map pool forever. This time remove for example a dev pick, so we still end up with 9 maps.

Next time you might try the lobby. Casual mode (you meant quick play?) is indeed a complete disaster. I already expected this from the release of quick play. I would suggest to just delete quick play from the game and add Empires wars to the ranked play.

Quick play is just Ranked, but without matching on rating and with the ability to play EW and BR as well. You are always better of with playing ranked or lobby. Quick play is just a fail from the devs. It has no purpose at all. Therefore almost no one plays there, so waiting time will increase even further. People dont like to wait that long and also move away from quick play at all. So even less players are using quick play.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.