🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - May 17

It’s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
Example_1 Example_2 Example_3 Example_4
ARABIA ARENA KAWASAN MIGRATION

Now it’s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that you’d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool next week!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2022-05-15T19:00:00Z

:arrows_counterclockwise: NEW MAP ROTATION: May 17

VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Don’t forget to click the ‘Vote now!’ button at the bottom of the post once you’ve locked in your choices.

• Choice_1 Coastal Forest
  • Choice_2 Eruption
  • Choice_3 Ghost Lake
  • Choice_4 Hideout
  • Choice_5 Mediterranean
  • Choice_6 MegaRandom
  • Choice_7 Nomad
  • Choice_8 Team Moats
  • Choice_9 Wade

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this week’s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

2 Likes

Where is the promised in game voting??? Soon? Hmm…

If we get Ghost lake, I predict we’ll get a patch nerfing the herdables-in-mill soon afterwards :upside_down_face:

Id be surprised if they did that. They didnt nerf britons or tatars bonus because of that map

1 Like

And on top of that, the rate is actually really weak, and needs a buff if anything. It’s ok for them to be broken on Ghost Lake in my opinion, it’s not really a standard map, because the resource distribution is quite off.

1 Like

Nomad as a permanent map when

7 Likes

Is it possible to remove Megarandom, Nomad, Hideout from voting pool and put them into fixed civs? People just seem to be voting for these three ALL the time and the rest of the maps in the voting options keep getting wasted.

2 Likes

I have been suggesting something like this under many map voting pools back in 2021 but at some point gave up.
I think while many people complained about the mappool situation, more people got used to it and would complain if it got changed…

Well yes this would be good in that other at least somewhag popular maps would have the chance to enter the mappool. One the other hand you’d probably need to give more bans. And that would further increases the problem of people getting matched up on maps both don’t like.

I mean that topic has been discussed a lot here and usually it ends up between proponents of current matchmaking and those advocating ranked lobbies or unlimited map bans. Btw maybe when map voting moves ingame they gonna implement some firther changes to it as well. Would be refreshing to see at least. Current system isn’t the worst but definitely should be changed at some point.

1 Like

I mean my suggestions was to include maps like Kawasan, Migration for 1v1, Team Islands for Tg as part of the voting. Why force these almost never played maps into people and then put the commonly played ones in the voting pool thereby defeating the purpose of voting. I’m sure Kawasan, Ghost lake, Eruption, Wade, Coastal forest, Migration would have been a closer contest.
I think 3 bans for 1v1 is good.

Oh okay but some people will complain that there are no water maps in the pool bc I doubt these will get voted in. It’s a tricky balance between satisfying majority opinion but also having map variety (because these two don’t necessarily concur).

The Tatar bonus isn’t even particularly strong on Ghost lake.
Britons have an effective extra 2 vills until sheep run out, presuming they keep 10-12 vills on sheep.
Gurjara’s have an effective extra vill for every 6 sheep garrisoned, permanently, and independent of how vills are distributed across resources. It’s waaaay better than the Britons bonus if you manage to get 18 sheep, whereas on most maps its arguably weaker than the Britons bonus.

Of course this is theory crafting. We’ll see if I’m right if and when we get Ghost lake in the map pool.

At least they said it’s coming

They havent said: From now on it is ingame voting. They said they have plans for moving the voting to ingame in the future. Given other promises they have made in similar ways this means it might be implemented in the next 2 years.

Where do I vote? I can’t seem to fidn where :frowning:

voting ended about 1h30m ago