🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - November 17

Better idea: remove hideout from the game

1 Like

You can do that. Just do a right click on the map before starting the ranked que and you won’t have to play it. It will be marked out with a red cross.

What is wrong with that map?

It’s oasis without space. A little bit of aggression early on, then wall one side and go at the meat grinder. If it was arena with palisade walls it would be fun, instead the distance means you need to go for some type of forward if you want to put the opponent in any real danger. In general it’s just a cancer map, would rather have black forest.

I guess if you enjoy trushing it might be fun for the first 20 minutes, but the map overall is just a campy crappy mess enjoyed by the same people who complain that green Arabia is gone.

It all comes down to how you play the map. You can play the map different then just wall up one side. Yeah, that is what happends in the late game most likely, but not in the early game. You still can go aggresive. The palisade walls are weaker then stone walls. In most games i see more aggression during the full game on HideOut compared to Arena.

It all comes down to how you play the map.

arena aggression is far easier in my experience, although of course not as much in feudal. Hideout seems to encourage a little bit of military, but it’s difficult to pull of a real forward or constrict your opponent like in arena, because of the map shape.